29

"Would you keep still?" Maurelle ordered once again, grabbing hold of Draco's chin and angling his face towards her. 

"I would if you would stop hurting me." He complained, groaning in pain when she dabbed his bloody nose with cotton. 

"Maybe Madame Pomfrey can do it for you," Maurelle suggested, grasping his chin again

"No, no." He said quickly and easily complied with her demands. She smirked to herself. Hermione Granger had managed to scare the living daylights out of Draco Malfoy. He didn't want to go to Madame Pomfrey in fear it would spread that Hermione had punched him. 

She also had an inkling it was because she asked him not to tell anyone, knowing Hermione would get punished if it was found out. 

"I'm sorry about Buckbeak," Draco said once they had settled into a calm silence as she busied herself with cleaning away the blood from his face. 

"That's okay, I know you tried." She said, glad he had been down there not to watch the animals execution but to try to stop it. 

In truth, the only reason she wasn't in tears was that she knew the true fate of Buckbeak. After Hermione had revealed the events that took place, even explaining the situation with Sirius Black and Remus Lupin-with Harry's consent, of course, Maurelle had happily found Draco and aided him. 

"It's almost the end of the year," Maurelle said to Draco once she had finished and began packing away the small medical kit she had found in the bottom of her trunk. No doubt courtesy of her mother. 

"You finished that book yet?" He asked. 

"Yes, will you have another one for me next year?" She asked, her words holding a deeper meaning. 

Draco read behind the words and nodded. "Of course." 

And with that, she knew she would have something to look forward to when she returns to Hogwarts.