24

"Thank you," Maurelle said for the tenth time in a mumble against Draco's shirt. They sat in silence together, the fire crackling was the only noise between them. 

He simply nodded, cheek resting against her flaming hair, and continued to hold her in a hug that had turned into a long, comforting embrace. They didn't know how long they had sat like that, arms around each other but it just happened and they didn't want to let go. 

"I would never want to lose you." He admitted, his hand gently touching the ends of her hair which rested above where his hand lay on her back. "Y-you're friendship." He affirmed in a stutter and she laughed, pulling back but keeping her arms locked around him. 

"So we're friends hey?" She asked with a cheeky smile. 

"I suppose."

"A friendship you'd never want to lose." She sang, her neck craned to look at his blushing face. He was as red as her hair and she loved it. 

"Maurelle." He groaned, letting her go and shying away. 

"Oh come on, best friend lighten up."

"Best friend? That moved quickly, I thought we were friends?" He asked teasingly and she smiled, dimples and all. 

"Oh no, don't turn it around on me," Maurelle said waving a finger and he grabbed it, pulling it towards him. 

She shrieked as she lost her balance and went flying forward and they laughed together. Suddenly, they flew away from each other as they heard footsteps coming down the girl's dorm stairs. 

"What's with the racket?" Pansy Parkinson asked with bed-hair and half-closed eyes aimed at the two blurry figures on the sofa before the fire. 

However, even in blurs, Draco and Maurelle were two very distinguishable people. His hair was the color of the moon and hers, a sunset.  

Pansy immediately blushed at Draco seeing her in her pajamas and messy hair. "Draco? Weasley?" She asked questionably at why the two were together long after curfew, still in school uniform and alone. "What are you doing?"

"Erm..." Maurelle looked to Draco who looked back at her helplessly. 

"I don't know what are we doing? This is your dream." He said and Maurelle nodded, going along with it. 

"It is?" Pansy asked, rubbing her eyes. "Then why do you have a shirt on? And why is Weasley here?"

"Oh Merlin," Maurelle said, feeling second-hand embarrassment for the girl. If the roles were reversed, she couldn't deny that she would have said the same thing.

"What?" Draco asked with wide-eyes he looked like a terrified animal. 

"What she means is, why do you have a school shirt on? Ha! No one wears school uniform in dreams, of course, let's get you back to bed Parkinson." Maurelle said, standing up. Pansy was pretty much asleep on her feet. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," Draco said, gently taking hold of Maurelle's arm. She nodded and wished him goodnight before taking hold of Pansy and guiding her back to her bed.