9

"What happens after that?" Draco asked as he looked up from his polishing to the girl that sat beside him doing the same task as him, something they had been doing for two weeks now. 

"Well, they marry." She explained, picking up a new piece of silverware to polish. 

"But I thought their families hate each other-wait didn't they just meet each other?" He asked in confusion, his brow furrowed. 

"Yes, but they did it anyway." 

"But why?"

"Because they wanted to be together, the opinion of their family did not matter to them if they had each other. I thought you were a Malfoy and got anything you wanted?" She asked sarcastically and he frowned. 

"Not if it went against my families beliefs and views." 

"Hmm," Was all she replied. 

"Well, what happened after that?' Draco asked intrigued about the story Maurelle had been telling him about. It was from one of the books she had gotten from her father's collection. 

"They-" Before she could continue the door to the dusty classroom opened and Pansy Parkinson entered with a stumble.

"There you are! They told me you were in here but I didn't believe it until now. Why are you with her? And are you, are you cleaning?" She asked astonished as she saw the rag in Draco's hand. Quickly, it was dropped and he stood up, his chair smacking against the ground as it fell. 

"No!" He shouted defensively and Maurelle looked at him in silence. "I was just, well, I was about to charm Weasley's rags over here so they'd grease anything she'd try to clean, wiping black goo all over the silver." He stumbled for a lie and Parkinson seemed to catch it. 

"Oh. Well did you forget you have a quidditch game today? I've already begun polishing your broom for you." She smiled and Draco seemed hesitant, lingering around where the Weasley girl continued her work. 

"Good. I'll come back another time to grease Weasley's rags." He said, straightening his robes. 

"We should leave quickly, we don't want to catch anything from the blood traitor, I already feel like the air is becoming foul," Parkinson said spitefully looking at Maurelle who remained unbothered though she did send Draco a quick glance. 

Clearly, the Draco he loved to portray was back and the one she had been talking to for the last week was gone, hidden behind the persona she hated so much. 

"I agree, let's hurry before it clings to us." He said, rushing past the black-haired girl that wore a smug expression on her face before she slammed the door closed and left Maurelle to work in silence.