14

At breakfast, Maurelle scowled as she watched Pansy Parkinson clutch onto Draco's robes as he tried to eat his toast. Usually, he'd shake her off like some kind of bug but today, he allowed the affectionate touches and clingy hands. 

And Maurelle felt her eyes twitch. 

She hadn't cared for Parkinson's obvious attraction for him as he made it clear he was not interested but currently he was not making it clear. In fact, he was enticing it. 

Slamming her spoon back into her bowl of cereal Maurelle gathered her belongings deciding she was feeling a little too queasy to eat. 

"Arg! You got milk in my hair." Chester complained as he desperately tried to fix the brown mop on his head by combing it with his fingers. Golda looked at him and rolled her eyes. 

"Where are you off to? We still have another ten minutes."

"I'm going to head to Care of Magical Creatures a bit early, see if Hagrid needs any help setting up." 

Golda nodded, satisfied with the answer and watched the little redhead storm from the great hall, unaware that a pair of blue eyes also watched. 

+++

"Are you sure this is safe?" Maurelle asked as she watched Hagrid struggle to guide the large Hippogriff to where he needed him to stay. 

"Oh yeah, he'll be perfectly safe, I won't let any harm come to him," Hagrid assured, patting Buckbeak on the back and quickly removing it when the creature went to nip at him. 

"I meant...nevermind." She said with a laugh as the pair, with the addition of Buckbeak, reached the area of flat ground where he would conduct today's lesson. He had been very excited and rambled on to Maurelle about all the plans he had to inform students about the wonders of magical creatures this year. 

"Alrighty, here will do, now you run along and join the others and don't go spoiling my surprise now," He said with a stern finger though his face remained kind and warm. 

"Yes professor Hagrid," Maurelle said with a small salute before she hurried away, clutching her large copy of Monster Book of Monster under one arm and her satchel in the other. 

She hoped for Hagrid's lesson to go smoothly, though she had a bubbling cauldron of fear that it wouldn't.