7

"Three weeks of detention Miss Weasley as this is not something we can just ignore." McGonagall sighed, staring down at the small redhead with a shake of her head. 

"But he deserved it."

"Deserve it or not Mr. Malfoy now sits in the hospital wing with a broken nose and a very furious father." She said and Maurelle looked to the side, unable to meet the professor's eyes. 

"Oops."

"Yes. Oops indeed. Your mother and father have been notified of your behavior and I suppose all that's left to do now is for you to spend every day for the next three weeks polishing the Hogwarts trophies after supper." 

Maurelle shrugged, accepting the punishment as she had nothing else to be occupying her time after she ate. 

"Oh, and I almost forgot, you must go down to the hospital wing and apologize to Mr. Malfoy immediately." She said before hurrying off with a swish of her robes. 

"What?" The young Weasley shouted in exasperation. She would rather break her own nose than apologie to Malfoy for breaking his, especially not when it was because she had been defending her friend. 

This was not going to go down well. 

+++

"So..." Maurelle said for the sixteenth time as she tried to formulate the words she was required to say. Malfoy looked at her expectantly, almost a little smug and she wanted to break his nose again. Madam Pomfrey had already reset and healed it. 

"Yes..." He prodded, leaning back into the bed to watch her with amusement as she struggled. There was no escaping for her as Madam Pomfrey hovered around making sure she did as McGonagall told her to. 

"I am...hesitant about what I have done." She said cringing and he raised his eyebrows as an indication to go on. 

When she didn't he once again egged her on. "Because..."

"Because...I shouldn't have broken your nose." Maurelle finally managed to spit out and almost shuddered at the thought that she was apologizing to Malfoy for defending her friends. 

"I knew you'd finally come around Weasley, see you're not so bad, we can still fix you."

Fix her? You'll need fixing in a minute. Maurelle screamed in her head and almost lunged at the boy. 

"You know what, you're right I should have said it sooner. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have broken your nose, I should have knocked your teeth out." 

+++

"Four weeks," McGonagall sighed as she strode past Maurelle, on her way to calm the outraged Lucius Malfoy.