15

Draco watched Maurelle converse with Potter wearing a frown. Even though he mostly just stood next to her as she laughed with her brother and Granger, it was enough to anger him. Though he couldn't pinpoint why he was simply irked Maurelle and Potter were in close proximity together whilst they hadn't spoken a kind word to each other since they were on the train. 

"Everybody open your books to page 48!"

"49," Maurelle called out.

"49!" Hagrid repeated in a louder voice, startling poor Neville who stood beside him as he bellowed the correct instructions. He was still recovering from almost being mauled by his book.

"Don't you think Harry?" Maurelle asked Harry as she talked about how glad she was to be outdoors for a change with Ron and Hemione, she tried to bring the green-eyed boy into the conversation as she saw him stand in silence listening to them chatting away. 

"What does Potter think?" Draco forced himself into the conversation when he heard her talking to Potter. He threw his book onto the wall behind him and Crabbe and Goyle followed suite like the ever obedient dogs they were. 

"Nothing that concerns you Malfoy," Hermione said, trying to pull Maurelle further away from him, attempting to put as much distance between them as possible. 

"No one asked you to open your mouth, Granger." Pansy Parkinson quickly became involved and Maurelle shot her a dirty look. 

"Same could be said for you, Parkinson."

"You're a traitor to not only purebloods but to your own house," Pansy said in disgust. "Aren't you going to do something?" She asked looking to Draco and nudging him forward. The blonde's eyes widened when he saw Crabbe and Goyle along with a few others looking at him expectantly. 

"Are you?" Maurelle asked him, crossing her arms, challenging him. 

"I don't want to waste my efforts on a blood traitor. A Weasley blood traitor no less." He said as if her last name degraded her. 

"Shut up Malfoy." Harry suddenly walked forward and Draco's furious glare was no longer a facade. 

He egged him on, goading Harry by making cheering noises along with Crabbe and Goyle. Draco tossed Crabbe his bag before waltzing forward towards Maurelle and Harry. Making sure to belittle the boy with glasses as he looked at him like he was mud under his shoes. 

Ron took Maurelle's arm and pulled her back as Malfoy came closer. 

Good thing too as Draco suddenly looked petrified and began cowering back. 

"D-dementor! Dementor!" He called out, pointing at something above Harry and Maurelle's eyes widened in fear, quickly searching where the blonde was looking to. Everyone else gasped in fear too until obnoxious laughter drew their eyes back to the smirking Slytherins. 

They wore pointed hoods to replicate the shape of dementors, making their unkind joke clear. Having had enough of his games and taunting, Maurelle hurried forward, grasping Harry by the arm and leading him over to where they had left their bags. 

She made sure to glare at Draco and he stopped smiling as she stared at him infuriated. "You are a cruel person." The small redhead growled, backing away with Harry in tow and Harry felt Malfoy's glare on the back of his head the remainder of the lesson.