38

Clink.

Maurelle looked at the table in shock. It was obvious for Hermione to get one, maybe she was a little dubious when Ron received his but the little badge gleaming up at Maurelle had her guessing the twins had something to do with this prank. 

"You got Prefect as well!" Hermione exclaimed in happiness. Harry looked down at the table, he was happy for his friends, he looked down at his own empty envelope. 

"What?" Fred shouted as he looked over. "Impossible!"

"There's no way Snape would ever do that!" George said. 

Maurelle picked up the badge hesitantly between two dingers like it was an insect before a smug smile grew on her face. 

"Looks like you two are the only Weasley's to not become Prefects." She said, strutting like a peacock towards them, badge waved around in the air like a flag. 

They chased her around, demanding to test if it was real. Although Maurelle was a faster runner, they had recently learned how to apparate and were currently using it to their advantage. 

"Ah!" Maurelle shouted as she crashed into George. 

+++

"Meeting adjourned." The head boy said and all the Prefects stood up to leave. Hermione and Ron were in a hurry to get back to Harry whilst Maurelle allowed Draco to take her hand and lead her to an empty compartment. 

Other students stared at the joined pair at first but didn't say anything partly because they had seen the couple grow closer over the years and also because they feared Draco. Maurelle had told her family about her budding romance and after a heated argument, her brothers finally settled and promised to say nothing more on the matter. 

Draco had told his father who was apparently angry but not furious (although Maurelle believes Draco is lightening the truth a little for her sake) and his friends knew however they said nothing as they had nothing nice to say. 

"I can't stay too long, I promised Golda and Chester I'd join them," Maurelle said as she took a seat beside Draco. 

He sighed and rested his arm over her shoulder, both leaning into each other as they relaxed. "Why don't you invite them to sit with us?"

"Us? As in your friends? I don't want to die young Draco." Maurelle said with a smile.

"I'll protect you." He said wrapping his arm around her neck and playfully brung her into a gentle headlock.

"Ahh! Get off me you brute!" Maurelle shrieked with laughter, trying to push him away but he ignored her. 

 "After all you are my girlfriend."

"Oh?" Maurelle asked from under his arm. He slowly loosened his grip and she pulled back to look at him with raised eyebrows. "When was this agreed?"

"The moment I realized I don't want to be without you." He said seriously and she stared at him. "Even if my father doesn't agree." 

"I don't want to be without you either." She said and reached a small hand up to rest on the side of his face. 

Draco's larger hand cupped hers and he leaned down to gently press a delicate kiss on her lips.

"Awe!" Chester said as he opened the compartment door and startled the couple locked in a loving embrace. 

"Ches, do you have to ruin every sweet moment?" Golda asked shoving past him and sitting opposite Maurelle. 

The redhead and blonde shared a glance and he stood up knowing he should join his own friends. 

"So...are you going to explain?" Chester asked once Draco had left and she sighed in exhaustion. Why couldn't people just accept that she wanted to be with him and he wanted to be with her?