5

Letting her eyes trail over the words of her book, Maurella became invested in the story. She was reading a muggle book she had taken from her father's collection and now found herself perched on the leather sofa of the Slytherin common room, warming by the fire. 

"Weasley!" An obnoxious voice called out even though it was past curfew. Malfoy headed towards her with a frown on her face. "What are you doing up? You should be in your dorm."

"Are you a prefect?"

"No,"

"Are you a professor?" 

"Well no but-"

"Then I can be here and not have to listen to you." She said simply, her eyes going back to her place in the intriguing book. 

"You should have more respect when you talk to me, Weasley." He said with his nose upturned, a proud look on his face. "You are speaking to Slytherin's newest seeker and Hogwarts' best quidditch player yet."

"Ha! A bold claim, you know you may be ignorant and at most times intolerable but you do make me laugh." 

"I don't see what is so funny about the truth." He sneered, leaning closer and she rolled her eyes and slammed her book closed, knowing she was not going to be able to read on the sofa in peace any longer. 

"We'll see how good you fare against Harry in the next game." Was all she said as she got up and began to walk away.

"I am better than Potter! I can prove it to you! I will prove it to you and everyone else." He called after her but she kept walking.