3 | P L A N S

Noah tried to ignore the constant stares of the group of tipsy women giggling and gossiping about him

He didn't want any of them. He wasn't in the mood to just flirt and ditch each woman he came across. He was tired of that lifestyle, not that he'd done that for very long anyway.

He'd rather a long term thing. Something constant in his life.

Like a big lovable dog. Maybe a Golden Retriever.

He had considered getting one for a little while but he also had a few allergies to consider. He didn't want to get a dog just so he'd have to keep the poor thing across the other side of the room in order to breathe properly.

He just wanted something constant and someone he could take care of.

When he wasn't working and running his business, he was working out in the gym, or eating.

But he didn't ever have anyone but himself to worry about. And maybe that was a good thing.

Noah was a dominant man. And he liked the feeling of having someone relying on him and needing him to do things.

It had only happened once before when he was younger and the experience was a nice change. A really nice feeling that made him feel full and warm.

He caught a young girls eye and he smirked at her, testing out his charm. Maybe he had to start somewhere; though he was more of a believer in not searching for the right person. He thought that if anyone was worth his time and energy, he'd meet them and not know that they'd be a big part of his life; something he was not against.

Immediately, the girl blushed and looked down at her drink and he laughed smugly to himself before turning back around to sit straight at the bar.

The bartender slid down in front of him as he wiped down a few glasses, a playful little glint in his eyes.

"Looking for something to do this weekend?" The bartender asked him with a wide smile.

"What event do you have up your sleeve this time George?" He chuckled.

"There's an event that you've probably already been invited to but you haven't bothered to read the invitation."

"Probably," Noah shrugged.

"Well, this ones pretty cool. Its not boring and uneventful li-"

"Get on with it," he groaned as he swirled the ice around in his dark drink.

"Well, the food there is supposed to be cooked by some pretty good chefs."

"Thats a good reason to show up."

George nodded. "Drinks are being mixed and served. By yours truly," he said with a cocky gesture to himself and Noah just raised his eyebrows in response.

"And... there's going to be a wonderful art showcase."

Noah perked up at the sound of art.

His Mom and Dad might have been in another country far away and he might not have seen them for eight years but one thing had stayed with him. And that was their love for art.

It had been eight years because his parents had shipped him off to stay with other family members to get a better education and immigration wouldn't let him go back to visit. If he went, he'd have to stay in his home country for ten years before coming back.

And he couldn't bring himself to leave behind his business and all his hard work. Yes, he did miss his family. But they were the ones that had shipped him away. And here was what he knew best.

If he went back, he'd feel trapped.

He couldn't have both. Unfortunately.

"Sounds good. I guess i'll be seeing you there."