10 | C A R E

When sleep didn't come that night; the hot, burning water on her skin did

She scrubbed herself with her body exfoliant and then lathered herself with her gentle lavender bath gel before brushing her teeth until her gums started to hurt.

She felt disgusted. Dissapointed in herself for letting it happen.

Her father wouldn't want this for her. But she needed him more than anything. Her dad was all she had left to rely on, to receive love from.

And if he was gone - where would she find love and affection anymore?

___

"Hi dad," she said quietly as she shuffled up to his bedside. She tried not to look at him directly in his eyes. She was scared she would find dissapointment in them - or worse, no memory of her at all.

"Daisy," he chuckled. "Why do you insist on calling me dad? It's a bit weird if you ask me."

Rosa ignored the comment. "I got in trouble this week dad. Aren't you going to tell me off?"

"You're grown Daisy. You don't need someone to tell you right from wrong. If you've done something wrong; admit to it, apologize and don't do it again."

She felt her throat clog up with tears and she leaned over to wrap her arms around his neck. He placed his large hand on her back and rubbed soothing circles over her shirt.

She needed a hug.

"I'm working really hard so you can come back to me dad, don't worry. You'll be okay."

He kissed her forehead. "You'll be okay too."

___

"Thank you Gordon," she smiled as she received her paycheck for her waitressing job. She placed it gently next to her tips in her over the shoulder brown clutch bag that was starting to peel slightly.

"Alright, little lady. Get home safely okay."

"I will. Thanks again."

Rosa went out the back door and reached into her bag for her keys just so she could protect herself in case of an emergency.

Someone gently grabbing her elbow made her jump a foot in the air and she spun around in a panicked frenzy as her eyes adjusted to the darkness.

"Shh, its okay baby doll. Its just me."

"No-noah?" She asked with squinted eyes.

He nodded and she watched as he neared her a little bit so that his face was a little more visible. Just the sight of him made her knees feel weak; but she once again scolded herself for finding this older dude so attractive.

The way his dark brown, deep set eyes scanned her made her heart flutter and her palms sweat. He was making her nervous.

"You're walking home?" It was more of a statement.