28 | F U N

Rosa had been having a terrible day

Rosa had been having a terrible day. School was almost a completely new concept to her. And it was a horrible one.

She had been to primary school, made some friends and then suddenly dissapeared.

Rumors of why she was in a family of a different race and culture spread around like pollen in a feild of flowers. And it stuck.

People either avoided her. Or were curious about her.

Nothing came naturally.

No one had wanted to meet her simply because she was new. Or because she had attracted them with her strangeness.

They all wanted to know what had happened before. Why she was sad and withdrawn. Why she came to school in the mornings with bags under her eyes and dried tears on her cheeks. Why she smiled with them, but seemed so out of place.

She felt she had no place any longer. No purpose.

Her whole goal was to get her dad back to his old self. She hadn't made any plans past getting him tumor free.

Now she had no direction. No where she was headed.
She felt so lost.

So there she stood outside the school gates as highschool kids jogged around and pushed past her, though she didn't notice.

She gazed straight ahead at a familiar car that stood out to her because of the customized license plate. Her eyes suddenly lit up as his sneakered foot stepped out of the car and she stood frozen in her spot as he shut the door and spotted her immediately in the sea of kids all dressed in the same school uniform.

He smiled and waved his hand once in a two finger salute playfully with the hand he held the keys in and she immediately felt her gloomy mood fade away.

He walked across the street and she had to restrain herself from jumping all over him. She could get him in tons of trouble. And it killed her that she couldn't show him the affection he deserved.

Her eyes took in the simple casual wear he wore. A white shirt, coffee colored joggers. Radiator shades tucked in the collar of his shirt.

He smiled softly down at her and stuck his tongue out at her playfully. "Don't make this not saying hello thing a habit. You hear me?"

She laughed softly and immediately threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his torso in a tight hug. "Hi Noah!"

He chuckled down at her and placed his chin on her head as he rocked them slightly in the hug. "Hi babydoll," he said softly before slowly pulling away. "Why so gloomy before you saw me, huh?" He asked as he took her backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

He placed his hand on her shoulder blades, leading her across the street and opening the door of his car for her.

"I was thinking," she replied vaugely with a shrug as she slipped into the car.