41 | B L E S S I N G S

Five months later

Five months later

Rosa had been at her house with her foster family the day of her graduation, the thought of him probably long forgotten when the strange box had appeared on his door step. It was quite large and the letter on top was adressed to him while the box was labeled with Rosa's name.

So he took it inside and opened up only the manila letter because he figured that's what was wanted of him.

He fumbled with it when one large gold ring with an emerald peice in the center slid out and onto the floor and then a dainty silver ring with a well kept diamond in the center followed it on its way out. He caught it in his palm and his brows furrowed as he turned it over in his hand. Noah was unsure whether this was truly adressed to him any longer because neither of the age worn rings rung a bell in his head. They weren't familiar to him in any way.

Slowly he slid the coffee colored paper with gold trimming out of the folder and he took notice of the neatly scrawled name written in small letters across it: Noah

He unfolded the letter, his eyes widening when he finally realized that the letter had in fact come from Rosa's father.

My dear friend,
I truly hope in the largest part of my heart that whoever I first entrusted this box to followed through on their promise and delivered this box to you on the day of my daughters graduation - all in the same condition it was on the day i'm writing this letter.

I am thankful that I still have my senses enough to send these letters out. And hopefully, if my senses are serving me well, it's worked out between the two of you. I feel I am right in my knees. My knees have never been wrong about the rain before it falls.

Rosa deserves good things after all the sacrifices she's made for a majority of her life and I wish for the good thing to be you. If not, that's okay. But just know you have my blessing. Make sure my Rosalina-mae is well taken care of as she's done so well for me. And her mother before me.

You may do as you wish with the knowledge that I am trusting you with the rings Daisy and I wore at one point in our lives. Just make sure Rosalina-mae knows that they were not buried along with us.

I thought the rings would be of more use around your fingers or around your necks than buried with the skeletons of an old time couple dressed in matching outfits. Please don't show Rosa this letter, she would not appreciate my dark sense of humor.

Along with this letter to you I have included legal documents, proof and letters stating that I give my blessing just in case the world outside your wonderful little bubble decides to invade. There are laws made to protect you - and i'm doing the last thing I can think of to protect my daughter.

Inside the box are things i've collected over the years and Rosalina will find them comforting, I hope. They are my last gifts to her.

And she is my gift to you.