29 | S H O P P I N G

Rosa dipped one of her chicken nuggets into her barbeque sauce and took a small bite, chewing slowly as she watched everyone form at their tables for lunch

Rosa dipped one of her chicken nuggets into her barbeque sauce and took a small bite, chewing slowly as she watched everyone form at their tables for lunch. She had made a couple friends like Noah had advised her to and was yet to see them enter.

She bounced her foot nervously as more and more people filed into the room and she jumped as one of the boys she had met came up behind her and stuck his wet finger in her ear. "Ew," she whined as she turned around pushed him playfully. 

He smiled at her and sat down, dropping his practically empty bag on the ground and placing his food on the table. "Wassup freckles," he laughed, his raspy voice raised over the chatter of the room. He had a slight Spanish accent and he smoked a lot of weed and covered it up with peppermint oil and mints. Despite the weed thing, he was actually a pretty good student. 

"Stop doing that Andy, your finger is probably gonna taste like ear wax now," she teased and he screwed his face up, playfully dragging his finger down the sleeve of her school shirt.

"Tomorrows character day? You gonna dr-" he was interrupted by his best friend Mila. But they called her panda because of an inside joke.

"I'm here!" She exclaimed, sitting at the table and dropping her heavy textbooks down. "Share the food, dudes. Hah, I rhymed. Again!"

Rhyming was something she always pointed out. But she was funny and strange - which made the three of them good friends.

"Mila, why don't you ever just bring your own lunch?" Rosa asked as she passed her one of her chicken nuggets.

Mila thanked her with a head nod and ate the chicken nugget in one bite. "Because I live in a house where the only thing ever in the kitchen is basically diet foods. Schools my outlet to express my desire for junky, hunky, artery clogging food. And you guys fulfil my needs."

Andy screwed his face up while Rosa laughed softly. "Our food isn't even that unhealthy. It's just you live off diet foods in your home."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air in exasperation. "Tell my mum that."

"Your mama is scary," Andy said with a small shiver as he thought of her.

Mila pouted. "Only on special occasions."

Rosa laughed loudly before shaking her head and proceeding to eat the rest of her food.

___

Rosa fell forward and turned her head to look at Mila with a frown. "What was that for Panda?" She huffed, straightening back up.

"Who's the hot man you're staring at?" She questioned, now doing her own staring as the man talked with the design tech teacher, an old friend maybe.

"He's m- he's Noah. He's here to pick me up," Rosa replied awkwardly, realizing she was just about to claim Noah as hers.

"He's like.. your personal driver?" Mila asked, practically drooling.