38 | D E F E N S E

Rosa flinched when she felt a second hand on her butt for that day

Rosa flinched when she felt a second hand on her butt for that day. Only three hours had passed. And people seemed to not be able to keep their hands off her.

"Hi.." the boy said into her ear and she scrunched up her nose, her hands pushing at his chest to put distance between them.

"Hey.." Rosa's brows furrowed as she took in the look of the black haired boy. She'd never seen him before, let alone talked to him. And yet, he looked at her as if he knew her. Touched her like he knew her.

"I've heard you like matured men.. and big dic-"

"Get lost," she hissed, shoving him back before she turned on her heels and began walking away.

He proceeded to run after her and grab her shoulder and she pushed his hand away quickly, feeling like the hallways were getting smaller. Pushing him closer to her.

"Hey hey, it's okay," the boy said gently. "Theres no judgement from me. We all go through our sh~t. We gotta deal with it somehow. And if-"

"Can you stop, please," she muttered. "None of you know anything but the false rumors floating around. Go find something better to do than talk about things that are none of your business. All of you are sticking your nose in something that has nothing to do with you. You're ruining peoples peace!"

A group seemed to have formed around them now and it seemed it wasn't only students from her grade. It was students of all ages and.. teachers.

Could nobody mind their business anymore?

"Rosa.. come with me," one teacher said quietly and she sighed softly in defeat before following after the older woman.

___

The poor girl, she couldn't remember how she had landed herself in the counselors office. And she also couldn't quite recall how far along in the conversation they were.

"How do you think you're handling the stress?" The counselor asked slowly, as if she saw that Rosa's head was spinning. Nothing was making sense.

Obviously, she wasn't handling it well.

Noah wasn't there to guide her through it. She wished she had been more patient.

Then Noah wouldn't be in such a mess. Then she could continue talking to him.

But then again, she wouldn't have experienced his kisses. His life. His love.

She wouldn't have experienced being his little girl.

How she had even made it so far in life without those things were a complete mystery to her.

Without him, she'd still be stuck acting like a grown up at seventeen. And soon she'd turn eighteen and her whole childhood would have been missed out on.