Memento Mori: Chris

Since that night the rest of our group had graduated high school and started college. Some of us, like Josh, had already graduated, but most of us were still in high school when the twins went missing. Sam and I moved in together when we started college so we are riding the bus together on the way to the base of the mountain. When we get there we'll have to take a cable car to the top and then walk to the cabin.

As I look out the window of the bus, Sam pokes her head out for the seat in front of me, "Excited to see Josh again?" I shake my head and scoff, ignoring her, "come on, I know you two have had your late night phone calls and day time video calls."

I chuckle and look up to her, "We are helped each other work through the twins disappearance

I chuckle and look up to her, "We are helped each other work through the twins disappearance. The calls are just to check in."

"Uh huh. You two check in with each other until two a.m." Sam cocks an eyebrow up. "There's something there and you know it."

"Turn back around." I joke. Sam does and as she does, my phone goes off, it is a video message from Josh and it looks like he is already at the cabin. I put my headphones in before watching it.

"Hello, friends and fans!" Josh shakes his head, "alright, let's do that again," Josh walks up the camera, messes with it for a moment and then steps back, "alright, well. Hello friends and fans. It's beyond awesome to have you guys all back this year. First off I gotta say I am super excited to welcome all my pals back to the annual Blackwood winter getaway! Ya!!" Josh fakes a cheer and chuckles, "So um... let me just let you know, uh... let's take a moment to address the elephant in the room for a second... I know you're all probably worried about me... and I know it's gonna be tough on all of us going back, after what happened last year... but... I just want you all to know umm... it means... it means so much to me that we're doing this. And I... I know it would mean so much to Hannah and Beth that we're all still here together... thinking of them. I really want to spend some quality time with each and everyone of you and umm... just share some moments that we'll never forget." Josh chuckles, "for the sake of my sister... you know?" he pauses for a moment, "Okay... so! Let's party like we're fucking porn stars, okay?! And make this one a trip we will never forget, alright? Yes!" Josh chuckles and put his arms up.

When I pull my headphones out Sam looks over the seat again, "Like we're porn stars." She jokes about Josh's video, "You so know that was for you."

"Was... was not..." I turn bright red.

"Uh huh, you know I'm right."

Later that evening, around nine o'clock Sam and I arrive at Blackwood Pines, the area of the park the cabin is located. Sam walks up to the arch way, but I hang back for a minute and snap a picture of the archway.

On our way to the cable car station, we reach a closed gate, noticing a note of the gate from Chris,
"The gate is busted."

I sigh and look over to Sam, "looks like we're climbing."

"I think you're right." Sam nods. The two of us climb up the stone wall beside the gate. As we continue through the woods, we see a squirrel scurrying past us. Sam calls out to it, "aww... hey little fella! You hungry?" Crouches down to the squirrel and pulls out a few nuts for it to eat. Sam stays very still and the squirrel takes the nuts out of her hand, "cutie." The squirrel nibbles on the nuts before running off.