Resolution: Mines

I shake my head as Mike and I head down to the mines. "I was not prepared for how ugly that thing would be up close."

"Yeah..." Mike nods, "So I noticed something kind of weird about it..."

"What?"

"The Wendigo... It had a scar."

"So?"

"I've seen it before."

"What are you talking about?"

Mike shakes his head, "I saw these old pictures of some guy with that same scar - and he was transforming into a Wendigo."

"You're kidding."

"It was one of those miners who'd been trapped, back in the 50s... in the cave-in. Which means that thing is 80 years old. At least."

"Spunky for an old timer."

"They cleaned the place out... killed a lot of people."

"They? You mean there's more of them?"

"Oh yeah."

"How many?"

"Too many."

"I think we're close. To the lair." I look around the mines.

"How can you tell?"

"I don't know. I just have a really bad feeling..."

"Ditto." Mike nods and looks around as well.

"I really don't want to go in there..."

"There's no other way."

"There is. It's just wait here to be torn apart."

"I think I'd rather go in there."

I sigh, "Normally I'd agree, but I'm not so sure we won't face the same fate no matter what we do." I shake my head, "I can't believe they use to be people."

"Yeah, at least one is a miner. A few are from the Sanatorium. I guess they were experimenting with them."

"They were what?" I look over to Mike in shock.

"Yeah, they were creating them, for lack of a better word."

I shake my head and look around some more in the mines. As I look around I find what looks like a grave "Mike...  Is that what I think it is?"

"Shit..." Mike walks over, "looks like a grave."

I shake my head and look around the grave, finding Beth's watch, "oh, God... Mike..." I lean down and pick it up, "This is Beth's! This is here watch!"

"What? Let me see..."

"It looks like there was a cross too."

"So this is where she was buried."

"But... who dug her up?"

'Maybe you were right about Hannah eating Beth to survive, "Mike shakes his head, "Let's keep moving." Mike steps into the water I hadn't gone in before. "Come on, it's okay."

"You sure...?"

"I'm not dead yet."

"Yet..." I take a deep breath and follow him in. "It's freezing. I can't feel my toes."

"Could you before?"

As we continue on we start to get into deeper water, "Wait a minute. I thought you'd reach the deepest part."

"I didn't say that." Mike shakes his head, "I said it was okay, meaning like there weren't any sharks or anything in here."

"Sharks. Great! Thank you." Mike and I walk through the water to another ledge and climb up. When I look around I find a journal. It looks like it's Hannah's. I read it out loud, "I'm sorry Beth... I have no choice. It's the only way I can survive anymore. If someone finds this, I'm sorry. I had to... I had no choice."