Psychosis: Saw

When I come to I feel something on my left arm. I glance down to find that not only am I tried to a chair, but I also have a bandage on my arm. I didn't notice it in the moment, but I guess I cut my arm trying to get away from the Psycho. But who bandaged me up? I look around the room I am in and see Ashley and Chris on the other side of the room. "Elena!" Ashley looks over to me, "thank God, you're okay."

"I think I am." I shake my head.

Chris tries to get out of his chair, but look back and sees my arm. "Shit... I'm gonna murder his fucking face off."

"You're gonna what?" I look over to Chris.

"What is this?.." Ashley starts to look around too.

"This is him." I sigh.

Chris nods. "This is the guy who killed Josh."

"No," Ashley shakes her head, "Oh my god no!! Oh god... Chris!!"

"You murdering piece of shit! You MONSTER!" Chris shouts.

"Look around!! We're gonna die, Chris! I don't think I'm ready to die..."

I call out to Ashley, "No one is going to die."

Ashley turns her focus to Chris, "I wish I could tell you... it's just not fair!"

Chris looks back to Ashley, "What? ... Tell me what?"

"It's too late! Chris, what's the point?!"

"Stop it, just say..."

"We're always talking around it, and now, I mean, we've wasted everything!"

"Ashley... none of it was wasted."

"What do you mean?"

"Every second that I spent with you was the only thing I ever wanted to do with my time. Even with Elena being a smart ass, because I was with you."

"What are you saying, Chris?"

"I'm sorry... I should have told you how I felt."

"Chris...!"

"I swear, when we get out of this..." As Chris continues, the saw above them starts to slowly move down on them as the blades spin. "OH GOD!"

"What the fuck?!" I shout.

"Ashley... I'll get you out of this! I won't let you die!"

Ashley is screaming and sobbing and I can't imagine I am much different. As we continue the Psycho comes over a speaker system again, "Hello there my special little subjects."

"I'm so scared, Chris..." Ashley sobs.

"Aw, shit." Chris looks around, "don't be scared."

"Oh, you should be, Ash," The Psycho chuckles, "because here's the twist: Chris has made one fatal choice already today."

"Oh, no... no..." Ashley shakes her head.

"and now he must make another. Chris... you can take that gun in front of you and shoot Ashley, or you can shoot yourself. Whoever is left, can live! The choice is yours." Chris attempts to shoot the saw and the Psycho chuckles, "Don't be so silly, Chris."

Chris takes a deep breath and puts the gun up to his head, Ashley shakes her head and protests through her tears, "Wait, stop, you can't do it Chris, it should be me. You chose to save me before, let me choose this time... Let me choose to save you."

"OH fuck!" Chris shakes his head.

"If I do one last thing in my life let me do this! Chris, please. Oh god... No! Oh god..."

Chris takes another deep breath and I close my eyes. The next thing I know I hear a gunshot, but I can't bring myself to look.