Jealousy: Boiler

Josh and I make our way back inside and Ashley is still freezing since we hadn't started a fire yet. Josh gets started, but it isn't going anywhere. "Come on..."

"How long do you think it'll take him?" Chris looks over to Ashley and I who are snuggled under a blanket as Josh tries to lite the fire.

"My money's on blankets for everyone!"

I shake my head, "You can do it, Josh. I believe in you."

"We..." Chris corrects, "We believe in you."

"Yeah!" Ashley laughs, "Totally! Woo!"

Ashley and I start cheering in unison, "Let's go Jo-osh, let's go." we clap our hands in the unison as well, in a classic cheer fashion.

"Alright, peanut gallery, you know what? I got an idea for you two."

"What?" Ashley looks up to Josh.

"Okay, well, I am pretty sure that somewhere in this crazy place we used to have... a spirit board."

"A what?"

"Wow." Chris exclaims, "You have a spirit board?"

"Wait are you saying... we should have a seance?"

"Those things are a joke, man. They don't do shit."

"No way, bro." Josh chuckles, "We used to do it all the time, me and... well..."

Before we can say anything else, Sam calls to us from the balcony, "Hey, Josh. No hot water is kinda major oversight doncha think?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just gotta fire up the boiler. It's in the basement. You guys see if you can find the spirit board, I'll fire up the boiler."

I jump up, "Why don't Ashley and Chris look for the spirit board and the two of us can go fire up the boiler? It'll be easier with two sets of hands right?"

"Sure, why not." Josh smiles. Josh and I walk into the kitchen, heading to the basement door, "I couldn't help but notice you gave Chris and Ash a mission together."

"Yeah, I was thinking they could us some alone time." I nod and smiles over to him, "they are very sweet together. I wish they'd just freakin' get on with it already."

"I swear, they just need like... something to bond over, y'know? Some sort of traumatic event to push them into each other's arms."

"Maybe?"

Josh grabs a flash before we head down into the basement. "You know, Elena..."

"Yes, Josh?"

"I just wanted to say..."

"Yes?"

Josh turns to me once we are at the bottom of the stairs and sighs, "It really means a lot to me that everyone came back this year and you know, that you came, Elena."

"Josh. We're here for you. Really. Whatever you need. Whenever. We're all gonna make it through this together." I smile softly up to him.

"Um... I want us to have a good time, you know..."

I nod, "I know."

"Uh..." Josh walks over to boiler cabinet and opens it, "Sorry to drag you down into the bowels."

"Just get Sam some hot water so we don't have to hear her complain."

"I mean I wouldn't want you coming down here on your own, you know?"

"Well yeah, it's creepy down here."

"Yeah, not a place to be on your own." I look around and see a baseball bat. I pick it up and smile over to Josh, "You know you don't look bad holding that."