Isolation

The four of us head upstairs and sit at one of the tables. When we get there Ashley and Chris set up the Ouija board. I look around before sitting down, Josh sits to my left, Chris to my right, and Ashley is across from me.

Chris is reading a book about what we are suppose to do, "So it says here, 'to communicate with the spirit world you must free your mind of all preconceptions, drop all inhibitions, and generally give yourself over entirely to the will of others, sublimating your every desire to the whims of the Spirit-master,' which is me..."

"It doesn't say that..." Ashley rolls her eyes.

"... And all present will remove their garments at my sole discretion."

I shake my head and glance over to Josh. Josh sighs, "Chris, come on, this is serious..."

"Oh I'm deadly serious."

"Oh shush it," Ashley shakes her head, "let's try this."

"Yes, please." Josh smiles.

I shake my head again, "Let's get this over with."

All for of us place our hands on the counter. "Okay then, let's see what happens," Chris looks over to Ashley, "Ashley, since you're a recent convert, why don't' you be our medium for today?"

Ashley nods, "Okay... Um... anyone there...? Will you reveal yourself to us... if you're there...?"

As Ashley asks this the counter starts to move. "Wait a minute..." Chris look around the group.

"Did you do that...?" Josh looks over to Chris, but Chris shakes his head. When he does Josh looks over to me, "Did you?"

I shake my head, "I didn't do anything." We look back to the board as the counter moves again, "H...."

"What's it spelling."

"Hold on."

"How's this happening?"

"Are you moving it...?" Chris looks over to me.

"I sweat it's just moving."

"Holy shit!" Josh exclaims.

"Help?" I look around the group.

"... how are we supposed to help?" Chris looks over to then to Ashley.

"I don't know." Ashley shakes her head, "What does it mean?"

"We need to know who it is if we're supposed to help them."

Ashley nods, "Who are you?"

The counter starts to move again. "It's moving again." Chris points out as the counter starts to spelling something out.

"Warning?" I shake my head a bit confused. "What?"

"I think... we... really need to find out who's trying to communicate with us." Chris looks over to Ashley. Josh is staying oddly silent.

Ashley takes a deep breath, "... We can't help you if we don't know who you are. Can you tell us who you are...?"

The counter starts to move again and I read our what it is spelling, "S.I.S.T.E.R."

"Whose sister?" Josh looks over to me.

"Oh come on is this for real?" Chris shakes his head.

"Shut up!" Josh looks over to Ashley, "Ask it whose sister."

"Josh..." I shake my head "it's... it's gotta be..."

"Yeah? Ok. well... which sister is it then?"