Peter Pevensie | More Than Just Friends

I was watching a movie on TV with my best friends; Lucy, Susan, Edmund, and Peter. The five of us have been best friends for a long time and they were always there for me when no one else was. Because of that, I knew I could trust them so I told them almost everything that was bothering me. But there was only one thing I kept from them. I have a crush on Peter. I never told anyone because I didn't want to ruin my friendship with him. Besides, he probably thought of me as just a friend, maybe even a sister. There was just no way Peter would ever think of me like that. As much as I wanted to tell the others, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Edmund would just snitch on me while the girls would hint to Peter that I like him. I thought it would be best to just keep my mouth shut.

Peter got up from the floor and sat down on the couch, right next to me. He smiled and I felt my face get hot.

"It wasn't very comfortable on the floor," he said. "I hope you don't mind me sitting here next to you."

"Oh uh..I don't mind at all," I nervously replied, giving him a small smile afterwards.

Edmund turned around and looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"Why don't you mind?" he asked.

"Because I was lonely sitting by myself?" I said.

"Uh huh. You sure about that Y/N? Because what was with that smile? You looked kinda nervous. And I think you were blushing too. So does that mean-"

"Edmund leave her alone," Lucy interrupted and Edmund quickly turned back to the TV.

I looked over at Peter.

"None of that happened, I promise. He's just messing with me," I said.

But actually, Edmund was right. I was in fact very nervous as I was talking to him, and I definitely felt like I was blushing. I didn't know what was wrong with me today. I was normally really good at hiding my feelings.

Peter gave me a small smile, and I felt myself blushing again.

"I know he was, Y/N. And Edmund, mind your own business."

"Shut up the movie's back on," said Edmund.

As I was watching the movie, I felt Peter moving closer to me. My heart started beating fast again. I've always had a crush on Peter, but this time everything felt different. I never felt this nervous around him before. I began to think that this was more than just a crush. I think I'm in love with Peter. I happened to look at Susan, who was smiling at me. I was wondering why she was smiling until I saw her eyes glance at Peter for a split second, then back at me. I slightly turned my head and noticed that Peter had his arm around the back of the couch. I didn't know what to do because Peter never did anything like this, so I looked back at Susan. She motioned her head towards Peter, hinting that I move closer to him. I was hesitant, but I did it anyway. Peter put his arm around me then gently pulled me closer to him, and I rested my head on his shoulder. I didn't understand why all of this was happening, but I loved it. It was absolutely perfect and I thought nothing could spoil this moment. Until Edmund turned around.

"What have we got here?" he said in a slight mocking tone. "Peter and Y/N. Cuddling."

I quickly broke away from Peter and moved all the way to my end of the couch.

"Leave me alone Edmund," I said, feeling my face get hot again.

"You're blushing," said Edmund.

"No I'm not," I said and looked away.

"Ooo you're hiding your face, Y/N! You are blushing! Peter, look at her! She's blushing!"

"Edmund stop it!" Peter snapped.

But Edmund kept on going.

"Do you not notice how nervous she sounds when she talks to you? Don't you see her face turn red every time you smile at her? Y/N likes you, Peter. I can't believe you haven't noticed-"

"STOP!" I yelled, standing up from the couch. "Edmund, I can't believe you won't leave me alone! Do you not know how to mind your own business? Don't you know when to be quiet?"

I angrily walked out of the living room and up the stairs, into the guest room. I slammed the door and flopped down on the bed, knowing damn well that Edmund had most likely ruined my friendship with Peter. I tried so hard not to cry when I heard the door opening. I sat up and saw Peter walk in.

"Y/N are you okay?" he asked.

"No, I'm not. I can't believe Edmund just called me out like that."

Peter sat down next to me on the bed.

"I'm really sorry about him," he said, putting his arm around me. "What he did to you wasn't very nice. But I need to ask you something."

I felt my heart beating really hard. I slowly looked up at him, repeating "please don't ask me if I like you" in my head.

"Do you like me?" he asked, looking straight into my eyes.

There was really no use keeping this from him anymore. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yes. Yes I like you, Peter."

"Why haven't you told me earlier?" he asked.

"Because...I didn't want to ruin my friendship with you. You're one of the best friends I have and I can't imagine losing you. So I was afraid if I told you that I love you, you would-"

But I stopped myself before I could continue. I couldn't believe that I just confessed to Peter that I was in love with him. It just came out. Peter looked just as surprised as I did.

"Woah, you're in love with me?" he asked.

I looked down at the ground and nodded again.

"I am. Okay? I am crazy in love with you. I'm sorry," I said, clearly embarrassed.

Peter gently lifted my head up so I was looking him in the eyes.

"Y/N, I love you too."

"Wait what? You do?" I asked in confusion, and Peter nodded. "I always thought you liked me as just a friend."

"No, Y/N. I've always thought of you as more than just a friend. I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't think you felt the same way. But now that I know you do feel the same, I can tell you that I really love you, Y/N. And I always have," said Peter.

I smiled and felt myself blushing once again.

"I'm blushing, aren't I?" I asked.

"Yeah you are," said Peter. "But you look so cute."

Then he leaned over and kissed me. I put my arms around him and he did the same to me, pulling me closer to him. When we finally let go, Peter gave me a sweet smile.

"And I would love to be more than just friends," he said.

"Then let's be more than just friends," I said, pulling him in for a hug. As we were hugging, I opened my eyes and saw Edmund standing at the doorway, smiling and giving me a thumbs up.

"Edmund!!" I exclaimed.

Peter let go of me and quickly spun around. The moment Peter faced Edmund, the smile quickly faded from Edmund's face and he took off running.

"What an adorable couple!" he called from the hall, laughing obnoxiously afterwards.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"He's right you know," said Peter before kissing me again.