Edmund Pevensie | The Crush

Me and my best friend Edmund were lying on the floor watching TV. At one point of the show, two characters I liked were holding hands while ice skating.

"Aww look how cute they are!" I exclaimed, pointing to the TV.

Edmund didn't say anything, so I looked over at him.

"Ed?"

"What? Oh yeah. Real cute," he said, glancing at me then looked back at the TV.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "You've been acting kind of different lately."

Edmund gave me a look.

"No I haven't," he replied.

"Yes you have. You've been more quiet than usual. You barely talked to me tonight. So what's wrong?"

"I've just got a lot on my mind," Edmund responded, sitting up.

I sat up as well.

"Like what?" I asked. "You can tell me."

"I umm...I have a crush on someone," he said quietly, and my eyes lit up.

"My Eddie likes someone?!" I practically yelled. "Who?!"

"Shhh Y/N," said Edmund.

I could see him blush faintly, and he quickly looked away to hide it.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"I can't tell you," said Edmund.

"Why? Do I know her?" I asked.

"Of course you do," Edmund replied, still avoiding eye contact with me.

My mind immediately went to my other best friend Alexandra. She would often tag along whenever Edmund and I went out, and they were always laughing whenever they were around each other. It just had to be her.

"It's Alexandra!" I exclaimed.

"It's not," said Edmund.

"It isn't?! But you guys are always laughing and making fun of each other."

Edmund shook his head.

"She's funny, but I don't like her that way."

"Okay...is it Elle?" I asked.

Elle was the girl he sat next to in class. She's super sweet and has even helped Edmund with his homework a few times.

"Nope. Not her," said Edmund.

"Are you serious?" I asked, and Edmund smiled a little.

I wasn't going to give up, I was dying to know who my best friend liked. I started naming every girl I was friends with, girls he was friends with, and popular girls at our school; but the answer was still no. I even asked if it was my older sister.

"Nooo. Not her," he said, which made me laugh.

"I'm running out of names here," I said.

"Good," said Edmund.

"Oh, come on. Why won't you tell me?"

"Because she's gonna know," he replied.

"I promise I won't tell her," I said. "It will be our secret."

"You don't understand," Edmund said, looking me directly in the eyes. "If I tell you, she will know."

I looked at him with a confused look on my face.

"But I said I wasn't going to tell her, how is she gonna know if you tell me?"

Just then, it dawned on me. My head started to spin and my heart pounded in my chest.

"Is it me?" I asked and Edmund slowly nodded.

I smiled at him softly.

"I like you too."

He smiled and kissed me passionately before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me partially on top of him as he laid back down on the ground.

~ A/N ~
requested by lucyspevensie 💓