▪ Worthy Opponent ▪ Unfinished Chapter/Notes ▪

Chapter idea notes:

Team Natsu, including Wendy and Carla, are assigned a mission. They were supposed to be accompanied by another guild but it turns out they bailed on Fairy Tail. The team has to fight the worthy opponent and their team. The whole problem is that the evil team, Devil's Play, are trying to bring back even higher class demons than Zeref to destroy who they please. Devil's Play shall activate a city like Nervana that they call "Satan's Wish." It moves and basically fucks everything up. Devil's Play is hella strong, managing to knock down everyone but Wendy and Carla for a short amount of time.

Btw
In the author's note write down something like "Sometimes, not every story gets a happy ending"

Unfinished chapter.

○●○

▪Y/N's POV▪

Something isn't right. Master looks way more concerned than usual, not to mention he's looking just our way. His small, grey eyebrows were scrunched up as his common smile was at the moment a frown, his eyes focused on me. I frowned back, nudging Gray. Annoyed, the ice mage looked at me. He hasn't been in the best of moods lately.

"Notice anything strange with Master?" I whispered to him, hoping he understands what I mean.

"Looks fine to me, probably just remembering a bad memory," he shrugged it off. I growled in annoyance.

"Don't you see it?! He's clearly thinking about something that concerns him, not to mention he's looking at team Natsu!" I whisper shouted. Erza glanced at Master, quickly analysing his face. She turned back to me and nodded, arms crossed.

"Seems more concerned than usual," she mumbled, "I wonder what's troubling him."

"He's never like this," Lucy frowned. I frowned back. Whenever she was upset, I got upset with her.

"Aye," agreed Happy.

"I'll ask him if everything is alright," Natsu shrugged, "After all, we're all family and family deserves to comfort each other, right?" I cringe at the word 'family' and click my tounge.

"Not the best idea, Campfire," Natsu frowned at the name but let me continue. "What if it ticks him off? He could be easily angry over concerned, sad, etcetera."

"She's right," Erza commented. "But, we might have no choice. What-"

"Team Natsu, we have something important to discuss," Master Makarov's voice was loud and clear over the chattering guild members. I flinched slightly while thinking of the worst. We all stand up in unison, following him up the stairs of the guild. The sun didn't shine as bright up here as it does below us, causing my eyes to adjust to the lack of sunlight.

"What do you require, master?" I ask politely. He shakes his head.

"There's a mission that is very similar to the one that Team Natsu went on before," he starts. I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms. The others look at each other, questioning silently which mission it was. "Unfortunately it'll be more of a challenge this time. You'll be accompanied by Wendy and only one other guild, Blue Pegasus." Lucy's eyes widened.

"You don't mean...?" She muttered, shocked.

"The Oración Seis are back?" Finished Natsu.

"Pardon?" I shift on my feet, trying not to make an outburst. Gray put his hand on my shoulder, his small way to tell me it'll be alright. I realized my muscles were tensed as they start to relax. Gray removes his hand, a light smile on his lips.