8: Travel

We arrive in Washington D.C.

The best part about having a billionaire parent is that we drop everything and go whenever we want.

We get to the hotel before we did anything else.

As I unpack my bag I look and see that mom is looking over a piece of paper.

"What's that?" I ask mom

"Nothing. Just a note that your father left." She says putting the note away.

"What's it about?"

"Nothing important." She says smiling at me. I don't mind her at first because I know that once she leaves I will investigate.

"Mom, when will we go back home?"

"Soon, very soon we won't be here long." She says showing me a fake smile.

"Come I have to go to your fathers office and get what he needs." We leave the hotel and go straight to this small building. We go inside and mom greets a few people. We walk near an elevator and go straight down towards the basement.

When we get out of the elevator, workers start to bombard mom with questions. She walks away with the staff leaving me behind to roam freely.

I look around and see blueprints for a new building. I look at them closely and see that dad is trying to make a new STARK building. But why?

And why is it so small?

I look around and grab a pen and start to make adjustments to this building. I add more windows and take away some of the building to make more room in the front.

"Excuse me!" I hear one of the workers yell in my direction. I quickly put the pen down and turn towards the lady in a business suit.

"What do you think you're doing?!" She yells at me.

"Whoever brought you is seriously fired affective immanently!" She yells at me. She was about to say something else but mom comes from around the corner and cuts her off.

"I guess Im fired." My mom says and the whole room gets silence.

"Jim sorry, Ms.Potts, but this child is interrupting our work." She says trying to explain herself.

"How about, you take the rest of the day off, or matter of fact...just leave until Mandy calls you to come back to work." Mom says grabbing me and giving the lady a sly smile.

The lady looks around and leaves with her head down.

"Who is Mandy?" I ask mom and she laughs.

"Nobody that I know of." Mom says and we both laugh. "Come on kid, lets go." She says and we go back to the hotel.

We were in D.C. for another 2 days and mom thought that it was time for us to head back to New York.

We pack our things and get on the private plane. I was sitting with mom and Happy was sitting with our other bodyguards. As I was coloring I see that the news was showing daddy in his Iron-Man suit carrying a rocket to a hole in the sky.

Everyone on the plane's attention went to the screens in front of us.

Whats going to happen to him? I suddenly feel vibrations next to me. I look down and see that it is mom's phone and a picture of dad comes up.

I quickly answer it silently as the all still watch him on the screen.

"Hello?" I say

"Alexis?!"

"Daddy." I say

"Look I need you to tell mommy that I love her and Im sorry for all of the stupid things that I have done in the past."

"Why? What going on?"

"I love you. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me." He says and I can hear him crying.

"I love you too Daddy." I say and the line turns into static.

"Hello? Hello? Daddy?!" I say. I look up at the screen and see that daddy is falling from the whole. We watch as he falls but the Hulk comes out and catch him. The news then gets cut of the our screen goes black.

We all look around at each other for a split second and start to freak out and call everyone we know, trying to see if dad was ok or not.

The plane lands and we all run to the STARK tower to see that it was empty and destroyed.

"Find what you can." Mom tells our bodyguards.
They all leave, leaving mom and I.

"Ugh." Mom says putting her hands on her head.

Moments later dad walks in with his destroyed Iron-Man suit.

"TONY!" Mom says running in his arms. I stay back and let them have a moment. They pull away and look at each other. Dad loses his focus and looks towards me.

He kneels from where he is standing and I run in his arms.

"Oh, I missed you so much kid." He says
"I gotta go and meet up with the team." Dad says smiling and I nod my head smiling as well

Dad freshens up and then he leaves.

Mom then gets a call and smiles from ear to ear and then hangs up.

"Okay. So our Malibu house just got finished. Go upstairs and go pack up your room." She says and I quickly run up to my room.

When I was done packing, I go downstairs to see other people packing the house.

Mom is also packing but she is in the kitchen area.
Then the door opens to reveal dad.

"Daddy!" I yell out grabbing both of their attentions. I jump down the stairs and jump into his arms for a big hug.

"Pep, whats going on?" Dad ask letting go of me.

"Our house in Malibu just got finished. Thankfully it was right on time." She says looking around the place.

"I have some blueprints I want you to look at." She says guiding dad and I to the desk sitting by the broken windows. We talk about our future and where the new Avengers tower will be.

"Alright thats enough for one day." Dad say holding us and we walk towards the door and get on a plane and head towards our new and furbished home in Malibu.