32: Girlfriend

It has been a few days since dad confronted Peter and I.

School has been akaward as well. Peter stopped talking to me and I have been having to sit with Liz at lunch.

This. Is. Torture.

During lunch I would usually sit quiet until Cindy asked me a stupid question.

"Hey Lexi. Do you have a homecoming date?" She asks and the whole table looks at me.

"No

"No. Im not even going." I say and Liz shakes her head.

"Yeah of course she is. She is riding with Flash and I." Liz says and I give her a look and she winks.

When the lunch bell rings, everyone leaves but I stay back to talk to Liz.

"Thank you for lying for me." I say and Liz shakes her head.

"I wasn't lying." She says and I give her a strange look.

"Its your FIRST homecoming. And I want you to come and enjoy it and not sit at home." Liz says and I sigh.

"I can't because its moving day." I say and she giggles.

"Im pretty sure Tony Stark will be ok if his daughter goes to a small school dance. Meet at my place tomorrow at 7." Liz says and then she walks away.

When the school day is over, I rush outside to Happy and jump into the car.

"You know kid one day you are going to not run to the car." Happy says laughing and starting the car.

"Do you think daddy will let me go to homecoming?" I ask and Happy shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah, but you never know. Try asking him when Pepper is around." Happy says and I nod my head.

Moments later, we arrive. I get out and ride the elevator up to see that the whole condo is packed up with boxes.

"Hey kid." Dad says coming from downstairs with an iPad.

"Hey daddy." I says hugging him. Then mom comes from the kitchen with a box and a sharpie.

"Hey Lexi."

"Hey, mama. I have to ask you guys a question." I ask and they both stare at me.

"Can I go to homecoming?" I ask and my mom smiles from ear to ear.

"Yes of course you can!" Mom says jumping up and down. "You need a dress." Mom say freaking out.

"Yeah the dance is tomorrow night." I say and her eyes go wide.

"WHAT?! Okay. This is fine. Come on lets go to the mall." Mom says rushing around grabbing her purse and her jacket. Then she walks towards dad.

"We will get everything you need today." Mom says going through dads pocket and grabbing his wallet.