23: High School

I woke up in a hospital room. I look around the room and see flowers and cards and teddy bears everywhere.

I look to my left and see my mom sleeping on a couch but my dad is staring right at me

"Stalking much." I Say laughing and he laughs as well.

"Yeah, kid totally

"Yeah, kid totally. I am your number one fan." He says sticking up a number one with his fingers.

I try to sit up but my head is in so much pain.

"Headache?" He asks me and I nod my head. "Yeah, Doc said that you will wake up with a massive one." He says

"How long was I sleep?" I ask and he shakes his head and thinks about it.

"Uh about 3 days." He says and my eyes grow wide.

"Yeah kid. You had your mom worried sick. But let me ask you this question. What made you go out there and get blasted in the chest with a rocket?" He asks getting upset.

"Dad it wasn't my intension. I just saw Sam and he was aiming for you. I rather me than you." I say

"No I rather me than you. Im the adult." He says

"But I am 15 dad. I can make my own decisions now." I say and he is shaking his head.

"But you almost got killed Alexis." He says. When dad says my whole name, or even my name at all. I know he is serious.

"Dad I am fine. I want to be a hero like you. And besides the suit covered my chests I didn't actually get hit." I say and he smiles and nods.

"I don't want you to be like me. I want you to become someone greater than me."

"How can I do that if you're not allowing me to fight anymore?" I say and he grabs my hand and kisses it.

"I said someone not something." He says and I nod my head in understandment. "You don't need a suit to be a hero." He says and I smile at him.

"And speaking of suits..." I lead on and he smiles and shakes his head.

"Yeah, kiddo you can kiss the suit goodbye." He says giggling.

"Totaled?"

"Totaled." He says and i sigh.

"Oh man, whats going on?" Mom ask getting up from the couch. "Hey baby girl." She says walking over to my right and climbing into the hospital bed. Suddenly dad climbs into the bed as well.

"Uh, guys this bed isn't big enough for all of us." I say and we all laugh.

Suddenly the doctor comes in. He stops at the door when he see's all of us in the bed.

"Uh ok. Well it is nice to see your smile again, Miss. Stark." The doctor starts.

"Uh you are fine and good to be checked out. We were all just waiting for you to wake up. The only thing that is wrong is the migraine. You fell pretty hard, we were all surprised that you did not end up with an concussion. So just two of these pills a day and the headache will go away." He says handing dad a clipboard and handing mom my pills.

Dad signs me out and both of my parents get out of my bed.

"Thank you Mr. Stark. Hope you feel better." The doctor says taking the clip board from dad and then looking at me.

When the doctor leaves, mom hands me a bag with clothes and a mini toothbrush with toothpaste.

Once I do all of that we leave and head home.

Mom wanted to have a family night so we just sat on the couch and watched a few movies.

Dad was sitting between mom and I so we both laid on him for comfort.

Not even 45 minutes into the movie, I was sleep.

I was sleep up until the end of the movie until I heard my mom turn the tv off.

"She looks so beautiful." Mom say tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

It was like I was sleep but I can still hear what they are talking about.

"She is." Dad says picking my up bridal style.

"Tony don't you think it is time for her to go to school?" Mom asks dad as we walk around the house.

"No Pep." Dad says annoyed and not wanting to talk about it.

"Think about it she will meet friend and get the high school experience." Mom says trying to convince him.

I hear a door open and then I was placed onto a bed.

"She will be at school away from all of this tech and all of the fights. I think you put too much pressure on her." She says and dad tucks me in.

"You know what, you're right." Dad says as mom rambles.

"I will send her to school this one semester. NOT A YEAR. If she likes it....then she can stay." Dad says kissing my forhead and mom does as well.

They kept talking about it up until my door was closed.

When my door was closed.

I went right back to sleep dreaming about my life in school.