Chapter 3: Power is Flawless

Penny: Hello everyone, I'm back!

M'gann P.O.V.

I sat watching Robin move across the sparring floor. His movement was graceful for someone who lived on the streets. He uses his powers to his advantage and always ends up victorious. He was probably fine on the streets and never got hurt. His eyes told a different story though. He was hurt. He was hurt by someone. Someone wronged him. I was going to find out.

Connor P.O.V.

The kid was fine. He needed help though, with everything. He was like a clueless puppy. He reminded me of me when I first came out of Cadmus. He was the one person that didn't pry though. I liked his company. He was a good person to be around. I want to see more of him. I want him to open up and tell us what really happened. Kaldur was looking though Cadmus files and stopped when he saw a golden R. "Connor perhaps you would like to see this." Kaldur said as everyone gathered around except for Robin who was training with Canary. 

Project: Robin

Real Name: Richard John Grayson

Data: So far, we have put in most of the DNA needed to trigger his powers. He is made to be the little brother of Superboy. He will be reprogramed tomorrow and will be in the need of guidence. His brother will show him the way. He is resistant to basic commands and we fear that he will be planning to escape. His powers are based on his emotions and he seems resistant to telling us what he feels when his eyes change color. They are normally yellow or purple. That's all.

I sat in shock. Is that why I felt an attachment to the kid and wanted to protect him at any cost? Wally and Artemis looked confused. The others looked sorry for Robin and left to go talk to him.

I ran to his room where he was reading a book. "You found out, didn't you?" He asked not looking up with his eyes blue.

"Yeah, I don't care though. We can talk to each other and work things out. The file said you were meant to be my little brother. I feel like we both need family right now." He looked up shocked.

"Really?" His eyes turned orange and I nodded my head. He smiled a real smile, not the ones that he would put on to make us feel as though we were helping him. He was hiding something tough.

"What's wrong?" He looked up guiltily.

"You aren't a clone, you are someone's son. My parent's son. You really are my brother. They reprogrammed your brain right after they caught us cause they knew you would try to find me. They told me that no one would come to save me so I let them do what they wanted me to do. When the team found you, you released me without knowing. I tried to find you but, you were gone." He said looking down. I smiled at him and started to remember.

"What was my real name?"

"Connor John Grayson." He said looking at his folded hands. "You're four years older than me."

"So, I'm seventeen?" I asked he nodded and I lifted him into my arms. "Everything will be okay little bird." I didn't know where that came from but, I didn't care. We were going to care about each other and look out for one another. Our family would be flawless.

Wally P.O.V.

I sat looking around at the team. We all seemed affected by the news. Connor was still with Robin. He seemed shocked but somewhat okay with it. It was like he had a feeling that he had family somewhere. The two black-haired boys walked out of Robin's room smiling. That was a scene that I knew I would never get used to.