Chapter 11: Power is Less

Penny: So, I just remembered that this is supposed to be romance and horror for the genres. So, get ready for some horror.

Dick P.O.V.

I sat in a room with Red Arrow.

"You really think that you can be a hero kid? Artemis has more potential than you." I felt my eyes turn a shade of purple. 

"Is that supposed to scare me? Are you trying to scare me by being a freak?" I could tell that he wasn't serious but my emotions got the better of my judgment. Yellow, that was all that I saw before Roy was in the med bay getting checked over by Black Canary. Connor stood next to me and on the other side was Wally. 

"I'm sorry it's... I... I knew that he wasn't... I let my emotions get the best of me." I said looking down. 

"Dickie, you're eyes are white!" Connor said as Wally put his hands on my face. I shook my head and tried to do what Batman had taught me. I had to keep my eyes blue. They walked away and I heard Wally whisper that white must be guilt. It was true I was guilty of releasing everything that I know onto Red Arrow and messing with his mind. Kaldur had left to deal with Roy's mission and the others had gone "home."

I stepped into Roy's room in the medbay.

"I'm sorry. It's just that in Cadmus the people weren't very as you would say nice. They called me a freak and it seemed that no one wanted to be on my side. All I wanted was to break free and use my powers to put them in the ground." I could feel my eyes turning yellow He looked up at me and smiled.

"It's okay. I now know what Wally sees in you. You're a brave kid. Stay out of trouble and stay close to those who love you. I'll see you around but for now, I'd kind of like some sleep." Roy said making my eyes turn orange. 

"Goodnight Roy," I said leaving the room and closing the door gently. It seems that I have another friend on this team of strange heroes.