Chapter 17: Power is Brainless

AN: Hello! This is still Razzle here, the next chapter will be the last for this book. It'll also be very long. Longer than this one. Maybe I'll update tomorrow, or past tomorrow, but no later than within one week. Hoped you enjoyed these few chapters from me! :3

Wally P.O.V

I couldn't believe it! How dare that horrible person come near my boyfriend?! I was furious. but I cooled down when Robin hugged me and looked at me with his orange eyes, showing me that he would always choose me. I smiled at him and stroked his hair, while I made a plan to put an end to it all. 

I chose midnight to arrange a meeting with Damien and attack because I was original like that. I let go of Robin and said, "You should get some sleep, it's already pretty late, and you didn't get much sleep last night." And it was, it was around 11:00 PM. 

Robin yawned and nodded. He looked at me questioningly, asking me a question. I smiled, a bit strained, at him and said softly, gently, "Don't worry, I just need to take a walk to cool down a bit." Robin returned my smile and said just as gently, "All right, just know that I'll always choose you. Always."

My smile turned a little more genuine and I said, "Goodnight my bird." He blushed and chirped, "Goodnight Mr. Speedspter." He turned around and walked to his room. I walked over to the big computer in the main room and located Damien's current location. 

I had placed a microscopic tracker on him when I shoved him away from Robin. I scowled when I saw that he was on the docks. I didn't know why it annoyed me so much, but it did. The docks were my and Robin's special spot to just sit together, and be in each other's company. 

It felt like Damien was violating our special place. Which was silly because hundreds of people walked on the docks every day, but this was much more personal. I narrowed my eyes and put on my goggles. I sped off and arrived within seconds. 

Where is that horrible excuse for a human being? I thought venomously as I scanned the docks. Speak of the devil, he was standing at the edge and I was very tempted to speed over and push him off. But I knew that the fall wouldn't kill him, or deter him from keeping to try to steal Robin.

I approached and said, "I told you to stay away from Dick. He's made his decision, and it isn't you." I heard a laugh, as though a child has just pronounced that the moon was made of cheese. He responded, "Well, that's because he wasn't given much of a choice." 

He turned around with a sick smirk. He said, "And there really isn't much of a choice. I won't let him choose. It'll be me." I felt furious. How dare he?! Dick had chosen me, not him. Why couldn't he just give him up? 

I snarled, "Too bad." I ran at him with superspeed and started pummeling his exposed stomach. To my surprise, he fought back quickly and efficiently. He stuck out a foot n my path and I couldn't stop in time to avoid tripping on it. 

I saw that I couldn't win this fight, so I got up and ran. I heard Damien calling behind me. He said, "He will be mine, mark my words. Whether he wants it or not. And he will, eventually." I ran faster, my anger giving me energy. 

I walked into Robin's room and shook him softly until he woke up. He mumbled, "Wally, where are you? Damien? What are you doing here?" I scowled and shook him a bit harder. 

He started and mumbled something I didn't catch. Eventually, he woke up and said in a groggy, adorably husky voice, "Wally?" I sighed and said in as serious a tone as I could manage, "We need to talk. About us."

That got his attention. He sat up, suddenly alert. He looked at me seriously, or as seriously as he could while having just woken up.  "What is it?" He asked. 

I took a deep breath and plowed on, not giving myself any time to back out. My words tumbled out of my mouth, "It's just that, now, we don't seem to be the way we used to. You go places without telling me. I don't want to sound possessive, but I do worry about you, Dick. I care about you. I love you. And it seems that, well...you don't seem to return the feeling as much as  you used to." 

In the end, my words became pained and I just couldn't hold the gaze of my injured bird. I caught his expression out of the corner of my eye. His eyes were at first, green and purple. Sad and confused. Then, to my surprise, his eyes became yellow. Golden, blazing yellow. He was furious. 

"How dare you!" He yelled at me. I jumped, not expecting his anger. 

Dick P.O.V 

"How dare you!" I yelled at him. Wally jumped and looked at me, surprised. That only fueled my anger. "How dare you say that I don't care?! I love you, I care for you, I worry too! Things haven't been the best with Bruce, so that's why I've been distant. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to worry you. I'm hoping that, in a bit, things will return to normal, but for now, things are horrible."

I took a deep breath and said bitterly, "Now you know, it seems like you didn't trust me enough." Wally looked heartbroken and regretful. I got out of my bed and walked toward the door. Without looking back, I said, "I'm going to take a walk. Unless you don't want me to." 

I stalked out, and I felt a rift grow between us. I knew that it would heal. But would it heal fast enough?

Would it heal, before we fell apart?