12: Birthday

"Mommy! Mommy! It's my birthday!!!!!! I'm 6 years old!!" Waking up, I saw Jaeseong jumping on my bed

I smiled and he kissed my cheek. "Happy birthday sweetie. Sorry I woke up late." I smiled. "Let me just go wash up and then I'll make you birthday breakfast."

. . .

"Okay. So I was thinking, how about the zoo this time?" I put a slice of banana in my mouth.

I saw his pout. "Mommy," He whined. "We already went to the zoo. Many many times. I want to play Zombies and Fighters with Jimin."

"Honey--"

"Please please please mommy? At least this one time!"

I couldn't stand him being sad. "Hm. Okay. Let me see if he's busy today okay?"

Once we were done eating I washed the plates and called Jimin.

I took a deep breath before he picked up the phone.

"Y-Y/n? Hey."

"Hey Jimin. I just want to say t-thank you for taking care of Jaeseong last time."

"Yes, of course! He's okay?"

"Yeah. He's okay, getting better. But uhm, today is his birthday. I was wondering if you were doing anything."

"Oh his birthday! I am not doing anything today. Should I go get a present for him?"

"All he wants is to play that zombie game with you."

"Anything for him. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

The call ended and I started to make food for the mini party.

I was still sick but I also texted Eunji to come over for the mini party. Jaeseong didn't have parties like this. He usually wanted to go out so I just made whatever foods that came to mind.

"Jaeseong!! I need you to change okay?"

He nodded and ran upstairs.

After I finished and placed the food on the counter, I ran upstairs to fix Jaeseong's hair and clothes a little. 

I giggled at his choice of clothes. 

"You really wore the fighters and zombies shirt I got for you?"

"I want to show it to Jimin!!" He giggled.

I changed into my tight long sleeve short white dress that had a v cut on the back after I took a quick shower. Finishing off my hair, I went downstairs to answer the door. 

It was Jimin and Eunji. He was holding a wrapped box while Eunji was holding a bag.

"Hello." I greeted and welcomed them inside.

"Jimin!!!!!!" Jaeseong yelled from across the room.

I smiled. "He was waiting for you."

"I'll get to him."

I nodded. "Drinks are in the fridge. There's not much though and you can leave the gift on the stairs."

He left me and Eunji.

"I didn't know you would come, you know with work and everything, I thought you'd change your mind." I awkwardly laughed.

"Well, here I am. How's your cold?"

We slowly started to walk to the kitchen. "It's terrible. Sorry if I'm talking weird. Can't believe I have it on this day."

"I have to throw him a party, at least a tiny one. I wish I did more. We always do something big for his birthday."

"I'm sure as a single mom, you're doing amazing." She said.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked. She shook her head.

We sat at the kitchen table hearing giggles from Jaeseong.

"You made all this food?"

I nodded. 

"Was there anything big at work today?"

"No there wasn't. I took care of most of the things. Michael also helped a bit."

I smiled.

"So how did you meet Jimin?" I asked.

She smiled. "Uhm. It was arranged from our parents. It was all business to them." She looked away.

I was surprised but somehow felt hurt?

"I love Jimin and all..."

"But?" I thought.

"And I told him he could leave me if he wanted..."

"But?" I thought.

"He said he truly loves me. So I guess... he stays."

"But I love someone else." She thought.