24: Cousin

I can feel his eyes on me, with that sweet smile, while eating breakfast

I was also focused on him too... but in my head.

After dinner last night, we came home with Jaeseong. Jaeseong asked us a lot of questions which is really unusual. 

"Mommy, so what do you want to do today?"

"Hm?" I snapped out of daydreaming. "I don't know, I have work though."

"How about you Jimin? Jimin?"

I looked at him and he looked like he snapped out of daydreaming as well.

"I-I don't know. Maybe you decide something hm?"

"Mommy and Jimin, I know what's going on." We both looked at him.

"What is it honey?" I said.

"You both like each other." He blurted out.

Jimin choked on his food and took a sip of his water.

"You're so funny sweetie." I said.

"You can stop lying mommy." He pouted.

I sighed. "We do like each other. There's nothing to hide anymore." I said.

"AHA!" He said. "Finished!" He pushed his plate forward and ran upstairs.

"What a kid." Jimin said.

My phone started to ring.

Michael?

"Sorry, I'm going to take this." I smiled and he nodded.

I walked upstairs to my room. "Michael?"

"Hey!!! Y/n!"

"Michael! Hey, hello, how are you?" I covered my mouth.

"It's been so long Y/n. I actually don't know what I would do without you. But my job over here is amazing." He said.

"Good for you Michael! I'm so happy for you." I said.

"What have you been doing?"

"Jimin has been living with me and Jaeseong... and uhm we went for dinner yesterday."

"Oh wow, how do you feel?" He asked, like a bestfriend  should.

"I feel, amazing. Great, I think I'm starting to like him again." I played with the end of my shirt.

"I mean, doesn't that feel great?"

"Yes. I haven't felt like this in a long time."

"How's Mrs. Park?"

I laughed. "Well, not Mrs. Park anymore. But working with her is also great, sometimes awkward."

"Hm well, I'm just happy you're holding up."

"Awh, Michael. Thank you." I heard the doorbell ring and Jimin opened it.

"Hm okay. I have to get back to work. If anything, I'm just a call away."

"Thank you Michael."

I ended the call and walked downstairs, when a shiver went down my spine.

I saw my cousin and in a matter of seconds, Jimin's fist went across his face.

"Jimin! Jimin!" I ran to him and held him back, before he went for another punch. "Don't Jimin."

I looked at his eyes; furious.

I told him to stop but he went for another punch anyways.

"Jimin! Please stop." I pleaded.

My cousin laid on the floor, with a bloody nose and he got up, wiped his face and walked away.

Jimin was ready to chase him down but I stopped him by placing my lips on his.

At first he didn't respond but then he started to kiss me back. My hand held the back of his head.

I looked at him in the eyes, he was more calm.

"It's okay Jimin. It's okay." I closed the door and we sat back down.

He hissed and held his knuckle up, it was bruised. I sat beside him and held the hand.

"It's okay." I said. "It's okay."

He bend over so his elbows are on his knees and his hands in his hair, holding it tightly. "Jimin."

"I'm so angry at myself for not being there for you." He said.

"Jimin. Listen to me, it's over, it's the past, okay?" I said.

He nodded. "I just--" He looked up and I kissed him again.

"Hey, I love you." I said. It's been a long time since I've said that to him and those words mean a lot to me and to him.