14: Leaving

"Eunji! These are the papers you wanted and your mid-day coffee

"Eunji! These are the papers you wanted and your mid-day coffee." I smiled. The scent of mint was present and her leftover cupcake left a sweet smell. "Was the computers okay? You want me to go check on them?"

"That'd be great. Thank you."

I saw Michael walking into his office and decided to catch up with him.

"Michael!"

I yelled which he heard but his eyes remains on his papers. 

"What's up?" He said. 

I went closer to him. "I'm so so sorry I didn't invite you to Jaeseong party."

"It's nothing Y/n." He smiled and finally looked at me, walking to his desk. "I went to see my mom that night anyway."

I gasped, surprised. It's been a long time since he got to see his mom. "How'd it go?"

"We went to eat dinner..."

"AND THEN? MICHAEL!" I yelled but covered my mouth and slapped his arm, in excitment, knowing that there was something up.

"I'm moving back to my moms because there's someone she wants me to meet."

My smile went away and my heart wanted to cry. I thought it would be something exciting or fun... "W-What? For how long?"

"I don't know Y/n. I'm sorry it's not a surprise you wanted to hear."

"Have you talked to Mrs. Park about this?"

He nodded and I looked at the box behind his desk and just realized that his desk is almost empty.

"Michael..."

I went in for a hug. He's my best friend, and no one can make me laugh as much as he can. No one can keep me as comfortable as he can. He's like my brother. I just felt... empty.

He let go and kissed my forhead. "I'll miss you. But I will remember to call you okay?"

I nodded and looked away to wipe my tears with my sleeve without him realizing I was crying over his shoulder. I walked to the door. "You should uhm, continue packing..."

"Y-Yeah."

I went to look at the computers that were being fixed by other men. They were looking good so I went back to my desk.

I saw a male talking to Eunji through her glass doors. The sounds were faint so I couldn't hear what they were talking about, not that I wanted to listen. I went back to work.

. . .

"Mommy! AHHHHH"

I laughed at Jaeseong playing with his new game set and went to go feed him rice. Sitting beside him, I fed him and watched him be at his happiest.

"Mommy, those old people... are they my grandma and grandpa?"

I didn't know what to say to him, whether to lie or just say a simple yes. I didn't want to lie to him...

"Yes honey."

After, he didn't say anything.

I went to wash the dishes after he finished.

I heard the doorbell and went to open the door.

"Michael!"

He laughed. "It's me." Then lifted up his arms with bags smelling like take out food.

I let him in and we sat down. "I hope you haven't ate yet."

"Nope! I'm starving." I laugh.