26: Dad

"Good morning

"Good morning." His raspy morning voice spoke to me.

I woke up and I just remembered what happened last night. I looked under the blanket seeing my naked body.

I gasped and hid my face into the blanket. Jimin giggled.

"You're so beautiful."

I felt my face heating up. "T-Thank you."

"We haven't really got to do that in a long time." He said mentioning last night.

"Y-Yeah."

I felt him move; he was getting off the bed.

Once I heard the bathroom door shut, I got up and ran for my clothes.

. . .

"Finally a day off." I said.

We were all at Jaeseong's favourite breakfast place.

I looked at Jaeseong and he looked kinda down.

"Hey baby, what's wrong? Don't you like the food?" I asked.

"I do."

"Tell mommy."

He shook his head and I looked at Jimin. Maybe he doesn't want to tell me because Jimin was around.

"Tell me later okay?" I said. "Continue eating and we can go shopping later."

We were now in a store. "Try this on sweetie." I said and helped him put the sweater on.

"Mommy, are you and Jimin something? Is he gonna be my dad?"

"I don't know what we are right now. Doesn't that look great?" I said referring to his sweater.

"Where's my dad?"

My eyes grew wide. Was it too early or too late to tell him?

I sighed. "Jimin is your dad. There was a lot of complicating adults stuff you don't have to worry about. We can go home and talk about it." I took the sweater off of him. "Do you like this?" I held it up and he nodded.

"I guess..." Was all he said.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Was he happy? Sad? I don't know. I just hope he forgets it by the time we get home. We spent some good hours at the mall.

We arrived home. "Let's go play games Jaeseong!" Was the first thing I heard from Jimin.

They started to play the zombie game.

"I'm going to take a shower." I said.

jaeseong's pov

"Jimin. Dad." I said straight up, we both still concentrated on the game.

How come no one told me? How come I've been thinking about my dad when he's right in front of me? And how come Jimin left for so long? I feel sad, but happy because it's Jimin. But don't they think I deserve an explanation?

He chuckled. "Dad? Isn't that a bit much?"

Sometimes, I don't like when adults think kids don't know anything.

"Mommy told me you are my dad." I did sound innocent. I am.

He paused the game and looked at me. He put down the remote.

"Why did you leave mommy?" I was sad about that.

He sighed. "Jaeseong... Don't make me explain."

"She wasn't happy and now she is when you showed up."

"I am your dad Jaeseong. I just wish everything can go back to the day I met your mom. I wish I didn't leave but things just happens to be this way. I really, really hope I can be your dad from now and on. I love both you and your mom and I'm so sorry for being gone for so long. Not being here for your birthdays, your taekwondo classes, school."

I smiled. "It's okay. You're here now. You're doing good so far being as my dad."

He chuckled. "Just good?"

"Great." I said and jumped onto him.

"Whoa whoa whoa."

"Although I'm just a kid, I do know a lot." I said.

your pov

NOT GONNA LIE. I heard the WHOLE conversation.

"Jaeseong! It's time to sleep, school tomorrow!" I called from upstairs.

After tucking him in bed, I went to my own, tucking myself into the blanket beside Jimin.

"You told him?" He asked. Both of our heads were faced up at the ceiling.

"I can't lie to him Jimin. He will figure everything out one day and I don't want him to know that late."

I faced him, "You're a great dad to him, I don't know why to keep apologizing and doubting yourself."

He faced me. "You consider me as his father?"

"Now that I see it." I nodded.

"I'm not doubting myself. I'm apologizing for not being here for you, even before you didn't have Jaeseong and when you gave birth to him. God, I just wish I could've said no to my parents." He looked back up.

"No don't wish that. I respect your parents, if they needed you they did."

I am hurt that he wasn't there when I gave birth though.

"The past is the past now Jimin. Let's plan our future okay?" I held his hand and he looked at me.

"You want to have a future with me?" He asked.

I nodded, smiling.

"Will you be my girlfriend Y/n? Again?" He sits up and looked at me. "God what am I saying?" He scratches his head.

He stood up, coming to my side of the bed, making me sit up. Walking to his jeans he got something out of his pocket and came back, knelting. I stood up, already knowing what's inside the small black box.

"Will you marry me Kim Y/n?"