19: Father

Jimin's pov

Jimin's pov

"So, your mom is at work the whole day today, I say we do something fun." I put a waffle in my mouth.

I looked over to Jaeseong and he was eating his breakfast but looking glum. "What's wrong buddy?" I asked.

"Mommy is sad, I could tell. Grandma and Grandpa... Mommy's parents left her."

Y/n's parents did leave her, kicked her out, because they found out she was pregnant.

"What are you thinking? You seem even more sad." I said.

"I was wondering where my dad went. Why did he leave mommy? why didn't he make her happy when her parents left her? I just love mommy."

I nodded to what he was saying. I didn't want to say anything to him. It would be such a disappointment to him. I got sad.

"Ohhh okay."

He played with his fingers. "And when you come over to play, you just feel like my dad."

"Mm. When your mom comes home maybe you can ask her but let's finish up and go play some games!"

We're playing games and eating chips.

"You have homework?" I asked him.

"Yes." He ran upstairs, grabbed it, and ran back down.

"Okay. Do that first and then we can eat later okay? Let's go out to eat."

"Yes!!!"

I helped him out here and there then he finished. He's such a smart kid just like Y/n. He was right; why wasn't I there to protect and support them?

. . .

It was later in the evening, a bit dark out, but I decided to bring Jaeseong to a restaurant.

"What are you feeling for today buddy?" I asked.

While he looked at the menu, his eyes shimmered and sparkled. I chuckled.

"There's so many!!! It's awesome."

"Yes. But let's start with fried rice hm?"

He nodded.

That night was one of the best nights I had with Jaeseong. I cherished every moment with him. He has my eyes... and her lips.

When we arrived home, I put him to bed then I heard the door opening downstairs and keys jangling. I decided to walk down and see Y/n.

"Hey, how was your day?" I asked.

"It was okay, busy, but okay. Yours? How's Jaeseong?"

"He's fast asleep." I said, smiling.

"How about yours?" She asked and started to clean up her containers from her lunch.

"I-I'm okay. I took him out to a restaurant for dinner... I hope you didn't mind."

"Oh. It's okay. Thank you for feeding him. His homework?" She asked.

"Did and done. It's a Saturday but he still does it... what a smart boy. Well, I'm going to bed now. Do you want to sleep in your bed? I can sleep on the couch--"

"No, it's okay."

I nodded and headed upstairs.

I slide into the blanket and tossed myself around to find a comfortable position. These past few days when I slept in this bed, it smells just like her, this whole room smells just like her.

This bed is kinda big...

She must have felt so lonely sleeping in this bed alone.