Character 7:Runaway Puppies!

Lady and Tramp left through the same barrel at the junkyard where they entered. But as they exited, two puppies were crossing the road a few hundred yards and a few corners in front of them. Hurriedly dashing down the next sidewalk, Scamp and Angel were actually hiding in the junkyard, but when Lady and Tramp were investigating the car, Scamp and Angel got the chance to run from their hiding place at the side of the barrel and leave the junkyard.

"I told you it was a bad place!" Angel told Scamp breathlessly, frustrated, as they crossed another street. "Your father's bound to suspect the junkyard after your previous incident!"

"But it worked!" Scamp told Angel, huffing and walking briskly down the street. "Dad would get distracted in the mess!"

Angel smiled. "You're right, Tenderfoot," Angel replied affectionately. "Come on... let's go find somewhere else. But first..."

Angel looked at Scamp, and Scamp noticed she had a slight scowl on her face. Then she looked at a hole in the fence and declared, "We've got to do something."

"Well, what?" Scamp asked.

"Rip off my collar," Angel told Scamp. "I feel horrible with this on. I'll do yours, okay?"

Scamp nodded vigorously, and with fervor, they got the collars off of each other's necks.

"Follow me," Angel told Scamp. "Let's stick together."

And Angel, after looking through the hole to check if the coast was clear, squeezed through it, with Scamp following.

"Thanks for running away with me," Angel told Scamp affectionately. "I didn't want to have to leave you behind."

"Trust me, I'm sick of them too," Scamp told Angel, and they both laughed. Angel then placed the collars in the junkyard at their old hiding place at the side of the barrel. Then she and Scamp hurriedly ran back and squeezed through the same hole that they entered in. "They would've found us easier if we continued to wear these awful things," Angel told Scamp disdainfully as they continued down the street, returning to their brisk pace.

"Yeah, and I feel freer from them now," Scamp told Angel enthusiastically, who also nodded fervently. Scamp noticed Angel's vigor, and asked, "So, why do you want to run away, anyway? I thought you always wanted a family, and even like baths! I never thought you would want to do this."

"They're not much of a family," Angel replied as they passed a lamp post. "The way your father played with my mother's heart is sickening. We're going to find a real family."

"Yeah, Pop lies all the time," Scamp growled. "Remember when he said that we could go down to the river together? He never took me out once! And thanks to Mom, we never have any freedom in that place. She babies me all the time and she likes to be cooped up, at least Dad wants to be free."

Scamp cleared his throat abruptly and asked, "Why don't we just live together on our own? We can have adventure and take care of ourselves and have fun! We can be free! You suggested that before when...."

Angel stared at Scamp blankly for a few seconds. "But that was before we found a family! I can't believe you're saying that, Scamp. But you must have lived with them all of your life," Angel growled contemptuously. "No wonder why you feel like that, and why you ran away in the first place. Of all of my families, they're the worst."

Scamp nodded, before saying, "Angel, I don't want to be a junkyard dog. We don't need them to be free and have adventures. Maybe there's an exciting family out there with not too many rules," Scamp thought. "Let's find one of them. We could run off together and have fun, but we'll still be part of a family."