Chapter 12:Fenced In

The parents passed through the maze of garbage cans and trees in the park, and eventually they returned to the road to search for their puppies.

"Oh, it's good to see you back," Pongo told Lady warmly, smiling at her. "You're a wonderful parent to have such determination."

Lady nodded and gently told him, "Thanks." Then she sighed, "We do need to find our children... and I want to be with Jim Dear and Darling again... and Junior... what if he's lonely? What will he do without me at home? I... I..."

"Aww, easy, Pidge, they'll do all right," Tramp told her gently, caressing her. Pongo and Perdita gave Tramp an approving nod.

"Do you know of any places where our children might be?" Pongo asked hopefully.

"Hmm... well, I know one good hideout is the junkyard..." Tramp told them.

Lady frowned. "We already checked there, remember?" Lady reminded him.

"Yeah, but it can't hurt to check there again," Tramp told them. "Where else do we have to look?"

They rushed over to the junkyard, which was still desolate and empty. When they went inside, Lady, Tramp, and Perdita went to look through the newly restored pile of junk. But Pongo decided to ignore the pile of junk and examine the rest of the yard. He scanned the perimeter as the others dug in the main pile, and then he noticed something.

"Perdy! Lady! Tramp!" Pongo shouted as he looked over at the corner. Perdita, Lady, and Tramp rushed over to him, and there, sitting on the side of the barrel, were two collars, one blue and one pink, both with bite marks on them.

"Oh my," Lady gasped, before declaring, "Scamp and Angel must have been here," Lady whispered softly. "I recognize those anywhere... oh, why did we not check the side of the barrel before?"

"Don't take it too hard, pidge," Tramp told Lady caressingly, rubbing against her.

"Oh, but they're in so much danger without collars... what if they're in the pound?" Lady asked, horrified.

Tramp, all of a sudden, looked excited. "Great idea, Pidge! Let's go check it out!"

"The pound? But it's dangerous there...we could get caught and then we'll never find them," Lady told Tramp concernedly.

"Yeah, but it's less dangerous than before," Tramp told them. "I've heard they rarely catch dogs with collars anymore, and they hired a new dogcatcher who doesn't know what he's doing. We can look without being caught, no problem."

"But what if the old one's still there?" Lady asked with horror in her voice.

"Aww Pidge, don't worry," Tramp told her. "Come on. Let's start building some memories."

"Remember when you told me that before?" Lady asked sadly. "And where did that get me?"

"Easy Pidge, I'll make sure we get out," Tramp told her. "And if we find Scamp and Angel, we'll get them out too."

"You really think they could be there?" Lady asked.

"Why else would we look in the pound? It's not exactly fun. Ready, everyone?" Tramp asked.

"Sure, they might just be there," Pongo replied.

"I just hope they're doing all right," Perdita told Pongo.

Tramp then looked at Lady, who reluctantly nodded, and together, the four of them set off to the pound. The pound was still very creepy with its ominous fences looming at its entrance, and parked outside of the pound was the dogcatcher's car, with two men sitting inside of it.