Chapter 31:The Conflict on the Cliff

Together, the puppies and parents began their journey home.

"So how do we get to that junkyard?" Danielle asked.

"It's simple," Angel explained. "We just follow the dirt road down, then we'll get to that horrible place. It's not a short walk, but it won't be too long."

They turned a corner to face a long narrow road. A grassy hill with a forest on top was on their left side, and a steep cliff was on their right. The sun was setting, becoming only a reddish tint in the sky, and the streets were completely abandoned.

"It's beautiful," Peg whispered. "I wish that..." Then all of a sudden, she froze. She looked up into the forest at the top of the hill, and gasped.

"What's wrong, Mama?" Angel asked.

"Oh nothing," Peg answered, but she continued to look into the forest and frowned as they continued to walk on.

But when they were just about to turn the corner of the road, they were greeted with the sound of honking.

"Oh no!" Perdita gasped. "It's Cruella!"

There was no mistaking the honking of that car. "Run!" Lucky screamed. The puppies and parents ran up the hill, trying to avoid being noticed by Cruella. However, she parked her car, which was now fully repaired.

"Ha ha ha... so they think they can outwit Cruella," Cruella laughed. "I saw all of their bloody little skins." Then she yelled, "Jasper! Horace! Get down here this instant!"

A truck bumbled its way behind Cruella's car and stopped right behind her.

"They went into the forest," Cruella told them. "Get them! And hurry."

Horace and Jasper began to search for the puppies, but fortunately, they were checking another part of the forest.

"It's a big forest. We'll be fine here," Danielle told them reassuringly. "Or we better."

"I'll always be fine with you, Dani," Puffball told her.

"We've got to keep quiet," Perdita whispered gently.

"But what if we're caught?" Lady asked.

"Shh..." Pongo whispered.

"Come on Pidge, it'll be fine," Tramp consoled her.

"Wrong again, Tramp," came a cruel, vicious growl.

The dogs turned and gasped. Buster was standing there, leering at them menacingly. He was soaking wet, and seething with rage.

"You... nasty pests! You humiliated me...you tricked me! And you're all kibble!" Buster raged.

The parents once again growled at Buster, and this time the puppies joined in.

"Give me the children," Buster growled to the parents. "Or else I'll bark."

"Never, Buster," Tramp told him.

"We're not scared of you, Buster," Angel growled.

"That's right," Scamp shouted. "We all know you're just a jealous backstabber!"

Buster smiled menacingly and barked loudly. "You made your choice."

Cruella heard the barks. "Aha! There are the little mongrels!" Cruella shrieked. She, Horace, and Jasper began to run up the hill, heading right to where the puppies were.

"Beautyful," Buster smirked.

But then, Tramp yelled, "Follow me!" The dogs ran through the woods for a little bit, and they were standing at the edge of the hill.