Chapter 17:Dinner in the Moonlight

Lady, Pongo, and Perdita followed Tramp on the path on top of the hill.

"Do you see our puppies on your side?" Pongo asked Perdita, who shook her head in disappointment.

The parents continued to look for their puppies while crossing a bridge over a peaceful river which had lily pads resting lazily at the surface and swans skimming across the gently moving water. This led to another path which had luscious green grass on either side of it. Lady couldn't help feeling a bit at peace with the relaxed atmosphere surrounding her. However, she still felt nervous about her puppies. "They couldn't have gotten this far away, could they?" she asked nervously.

"I don't know Lady, I don't know," Pongo answered.

"Don't worry, we'll find them," Tramp told Lady confidently as they turned a corner on a sidewalk path with a fountain on it.

Lady, seeing the fountain, gasped. Looking down on the sidewalk she was on, she saw a familiar heart with the names "JM and EB" in it, and she also two paw prints in it, with several more paw prints off to the side.

Lady stood next to the heart, and began to stare at it. Memories began to flood through her as she stared at the heart, and she placed her paw into the little pawprint in the heart, which fit her paw perfectly.

Pongo and Perdita noticed something was up. "What is it?" Pongo asked.

"This... this is where Tramp and I had our first date," Lady whispered quietly. "Those are our pawprints."

"Oh, how sweet," Perdita told her affectionately. "This place must bring back plenty of memories, doesn't it?"

Lady nodded slowly. Tramp pretended to ignore Lady and Perdita's conversation, and asked, "Hey, are you coming?"

The four of them walked through sidewalks of a couple of streets. Lady, Pongo, and Perdita looked carefully inside each of the windows, but Tramp seemed to have another intention on his mind as he forged ahead and only briefly looked in the windows.

"Are there... any of our puppies in those windows?" Perdita asked.

"Hey, let's go on," Tramp told her firmly.

"But..." Pongo gasped confusedly. Perdita, however, nodded. She then bent down to whisper something in Pongo's ear. Pongo's eyes widened and then he nodded too. Pongo and Perdita followed Tramp, and Lady reluctantly followed. And after a little while, the four of them got to a part of town that was almost familiar to Lady.

Tramp winked at Lady and excitedly asked, "Remember this place, Pidge?" he asked.

Lady gasped. There was a familiar sound of accordions and guitars. "Tramp, we can't! We have puppies to look for... and... we must get back..."

"Lady, I hate to say it, but I'm getting hungry myself," Pongo told Lady.

"I have to say the same," Perdita added, playing along.

"But... our puppies!" Lady cried. "Who will..."

"Relax," Tramp told her. "We can always look better on a full stomach."

"No, we've got to get going and look," Lady told Tramp firmly.

"Well, if you wish," Tramp told her. But as they walked on, Lady, having not eaten in a couple days, couldn't resist the smell of steaming spaghetti and meatballs.

"Oh, all right," Lady reluctantly muttered. "I guess you talked me into it." Tramp looked delighted, and he told Pongo and Perdita, "I know just the place for us to eat at!"

"But how are we supposed to pay?" Perdita asked.

"We don't need to," Tramp explained. "They'll serve us for free."