Chapter 14:Electric Dread

Cruella stood in front of the puppies, smiling at them with a leer. "So," she told them threateningly. "Trying to get out already? It was very clever of you to leave that room. But this time, you won't get away. Not one of those blasted cops knows where I am! So you can't get away this time!" Cruella began to cackle in triumph.

But then, Patch nudged Scamp and whispered, "Hey... what about that hole in the wall?"

Scamp looked and saw a small hole in the wall. "Good idea!" Scamp whispered with a nod. "I'll go push it open!"

Scamp scampered ahead, and he instantly pressed the edge of the hole. The wall cracked slightly, widening the hole a bit, and now the hole was big enough for the puppies to slip through.

Meanwhile, Patch passed the message to the others, who nodded. Above, Cruella continued, "Don't leave! You'll serve a great purpose! You'll be part of my luscious, furry....what!"

Cruella looked down and realized the puppies were gone. She turned, and noticed the puppies escaping through the crack in the wall. "Grr... I knew I shouldn't have paid so much for this house," Cruella growled. But she then added, "Maybe it can still prove its worth."

The puppies squeezed through the hole and entered the grounds of Cruella's house. They immediately noticed that the front yard was vast with large, open grassy spaces, plenty of weeds, and a large fence encircling the yard.

"Where's the exit?" Lucky asked nervously.

"Over there," Angel answered, and she indicated a latch in the fence in the distance.

The puppies rushed over to the exit, but when they got there, they gasped. The fence was enormous!

"Woah," Scamp gasped, looking up at the towering fence. "I thought Jim Dear's was bad... now this!"

"We have to get out somehow though," Angel whispered.

"Here, let me try," Patch told them. "I have an idea! It's just like in Episode 244 when Thunder was trapped! He just broke through the fence! I'll take a running start and try to break a hole in this one!"

Scamp was still looking at the top of the fence. "This is one big fence," he told them, still in awe. "Let me see how strong it is," Scamp batted the fence, but then squealed, "Ouch!"

"What?" Penny asked, alarmed.

"The fence shocked me!" Scamp exclaimed in anguish, folding his paw down in agony.

"Patch, stop!" Penny squealed. But Patch didn't hear her, he was behind the house, and was taking a running start. There was nothing else for it. Penny ran straight toward Patch as fast as she could, and just before Patch ran into the fence, Penny blocked his way.

"Ow!" Patch shouted, slumping onto the floor. Then he looked up and saw why his path was blocked. "Penny, why did you do that?" Patch asked Penny.

"Patch, I just saved your life!" Penny told Patch, breathing exhaustedly.

Patch looked confused. "Why?" he asked.

"The fence is dangerous!" Angel told him.

Patch groaned, staring at the fence. He heard a small jolt of electricity and his ears drooped. "Of course... she would put up a killer fence."

Just then, Cruella walked outside. She surveyed the scene and looked simply delighted, lifting her arms up in the air. "Having fun trying to get out?" she asked, cackling energetically. "Oh, but it's not that easy," she exclaimed excitedly. "My beautiful fence is electrically powered so there is no way you can get out! And if you try, do you know what that means? It means you'll be ready to be part of my furry coat, a-ha-ha-ha-ha! Who'd like to be shocked first?"