[1] A New Light

It was a bright and sunny day. You were laying on the grass looking up at the clouds, thinking about the day you were going to have. It was the lost princess 18th birthday and it was your first time getting to see the lanterns.
Though you were sad that you were going to see them alone. But at this time in your life you weren't that sad being alone.
After a long time laying in the grass, you got up to see a girl with green eyes, blonde long hair, and a purple dress. She was
With a man with brown eyes and hair. She looked very excited and running happily as she pulled the man to her and continue to run. You think to yourself that you should start going to the village if you want to enjoy every thing in time. As you start walking, more people go right in front of you. You fall back.

After a few seconds you realize that you didn't hit the ground. You look up to see a boy that had catch you and stop you from falling."Woah,you should be more careful next time!" The boy said smiling. You got out of his arms and were just at staring him for a few seconds. You looked in the boys sky blue eyes and his dark black hair.But what got your attention was a blue strand in his hair. Then he looks at you smiling awkwardly and said." Umm...you ok?" You shake your head and said."Yeah I'm fine..sorry." You say rubbing your hand against your neck. He smiles and then says "Good just be more careful next time." "I will. (y/n) by the way."You say shaking his hand."Varian,nice to meet you!"

Varian. What a beautiful name. You thought."Are you here to see the lanterns?"Varian ask."Yes, it's my first time actually." "Wow! Me too!" He said in the most cuteness voice ever."Do-do you want to see them together?"He asked shyly."Oh! I would love to-." You were cut off by Varian being picked up by a man. You were very shocked by this." Come on Varian, let's go!" He said."DAD! Put me down!" Varian said looking at his dad."Let's go son!" "Bu-but I want to stay..." He said looking at you then back at his dad. He looked at you then smiled." Oh. Well what's your name?" He said putting Varian down. You were bit nervous at first but then said"(y/n)." You say smiling and shaking his hand."Quirin,nice to meet you." He then looked at Varian and said "Well I guess..you can stay but I'll be back later tonight." "Be good Varian." "I will dad." He said rolling his eyes.
"Bye dad!" He said waving to his dad."And Miss (y/n) be careful he can be a handful." Quirin said smiling. You laugh then hear Varian saying "Hey!" He looked a little embarrassed with his bright red face." Well let's go!" You say grabbing his hand.

You both run to the town your face a bright pink as you both slow down. You both start walking then Varian starts to talk about alchemy and his lab. You were listening to him talk and thinking wow his really smart and it's so cute.
You smile and keep listening to him talking and laughing when he would make a funny joke or change his voice to sound deeper. After a couple minutes you notice that you and Varian had just been walking, not knowing were you guys were going. You stop and look at Varian and say" Um do you know were we are going?" You ask."Oh! umm."
He looked around and then looked to right of him and saw Monty's shop.
"Want to go to Monty's?" He asked pointing to the shop. You smile and take his hand and run inside Monty's.
"Why hello! What can I get you two?" Monty says smiling."hmm well what do you want Varian?" You ask looking at him.
He looks a little caught off guard that you asked him a question." Um! I'm fine with anything you want."He said nervously smiling." Well then two ice cream cones please!" You say happily as Monty goes to the back to get the
Ice cream.You look at Varian and ask."Are you ok with ice cream?" He smiles and says "Oh yeah I love ice cream!"
Then Monty comes out with ice cream and gives it too you guys and you pay him and then leave. As you walk out of the shop and lick your ice cream Varian says."You didn't have to pay I could have." "Oh please Varian I wanted to pay."
You say smiling."Now I think you should eat your ice cream before it melts." You say giggling.

You and Varian had been walking and talking till you see people dancing in town square. You look around to see the same girl and man from earlier. You laugh a little seeing how to girl gets the man the dance. Varian sees you staring at the people dancing
and since you both were done with your ice cream he goes in front of you and says."Care to dance M'lady~?" He takes his hand out and smilies blushing. You smile and take his hand as you blush then you guys run to the dance and are
quickly taken by other people and start dancing and spinning around. After a long time of dancing you try to reach over to Varian he looks at you doing the same. You both reach each other and as you hold each other that's when the music stops. You both look at each other's face warm and red when you hear someone say."To The Boats!!" You smile and whisper to Varian."race you!" Varian smiles and you do the same as you both start running. You see the boats and jump into the first one you see.And right after you comes Varian that jumps in the boat your in. Laughing Varian starts to row the boat. You get your satchel and grab two ham sandwiches one for you and one for Varian.You look at Varian and say." I made ham sandwiches!" Giving one to Varian he looked at the sandwiches
then at you and smiled then said. "I Love ham sandwiches!" He said taking a big bite"Hmmm sooo gooood!" You laugh eating your sandwiches. When you were done you saw the lanterns.

You were in awe they were so pretty in the sky floating. In the distance you see the girl and the man in a boat not that far from yours. The girl looked as excited as you to see the lanterns. When you look over to Varian he is smiling and holding two lanterns he gives you one and you both let go at the same time. They both spin around each other in circles and then bump into other lanterns that were also spinning around each other. Then they both go back to each other.You look at the beautiful night and lanterns. Varian is looking at you thinking of how cute you look staring at the lanterns." Varian!!" You both hear and look at the docks to see Qurirn there waving.Varian rows the boat back to the docks. You were sad that this amazing night had to end.
" So did you have fun?" Qurirn ask as you both get out of the boat. You both blush and say at the same time." Yup!"
" Good well come on Varian let's go." "Ok dad." Varian says then looks at you at gives you a big warm hug." Thanks for a great day (y/n)." He whispers in your ears." Thank you too." You whisper back to him. Varian pulls away from the hug
And say." Well if you ever want to hang out some time I live in old Corona you can visit me anytime I mean if you want."
" Of course I would love to come a visit you. Bye Varian!" You say as he walks off to his dad waving at you " Bye (y/n)!" He says walking off. You watch him leaving and hope you would see him soon but for now it was amazing meeting
you, Varian.