[10] Lunch With The King And Queen:Part 2

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have ask you that. If you don't want to talk about it that's fin-" " No..." I interrupted." It's okay..it's just...I haven't really talk about it..but I trust you so I'll tell you." I say looking at him with a small smile. "Are you sure?" He ask and I nodded reassuring It was okay. I toke a deep breath before speaking.

"Me and my parents lived in a simple town far from here that they owned, my life was simple, nothing special. But it wasn't great, I wasn't allowed to leave the house I was only allowed to watch from the window or from the yard behind the fence. I'm sure they had their reasons but it still was terrible. Every day was the same, wake up and get ready, do chores, feed the animals, eat lunch, clean up, water the plants, read for 15 minutes, eat dinner, go to sleep.

I hated it. Its not even like I could say I had loving parents because nothing they did told me they loved me, they would barley talk to me endless it was a order. I felt like sometimes they didn't even want me. The only one that I loved and showed me that they loved me was my Grandma. She would watch me when my parents would go out of town and that was the only time I was ever really happy. She'd play with me tell me stories and was the kindest person I knew. She was the only other family I had or knew about, but I guess all good things come to a end. She died when I was 9 and that's when everything went down hill. My parents spent all day talking and I couldn't tell want they were talking about but I was so sad, my life now had nothing to be happy about. When I ask them what they were talking about they told me to go to my room and to not come out until they told me to. So I did that...three days...I waited in there for three days. I was staving but I was scared that my parents would see me come out with out their permission. I slowly and quietly came out of my room and when I came out everything in the house was gone. My parents left the house leaving me behind. I was devastated but I also didn't want to stay there so I toke my stuff and some food that was left. I didn't know where I would go but I just wanted to leave so I did."

I look back at Varian and he looked so shocked." What..happened after you left?" He ask."Well, after a long time of looking for a place to stay, I found a small town and a nice lady who was looking for a maid to serve her and her family so I took the job and lived there for three years. But I knew I wanted more in life then what I had so as much enjoyed my time there and as sad as I was to leave I went out to explore. I started heading to Corona to see the Lanterns for the Lost Princess that I have always wanted to see and thought that it would be nice to get to enjoy myself for a bit."

I finished smiling at Varian. "And then I met a special alchemist, saved the princess and became a lady-in-waiting in training, I live in the castle now and I'm about to introduce the King and Queen to my favorite person in whole world." I say to Varian smirking. Varian smiles at me as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"So my life is pretty great right now I have great friends that I love and a place to call home." I say looking up." (Y/n)?" Varian ask. "Yes?" I answer looking at him.

Varian P.O.V:
"Yes?" She answered looking right at me. Mother of alchemy was she cute. My face instantly turn red. Come on tell her! Just say so about that kiss well I didn't mean to do well I wanted to but I shouldn't have done it then and there and I'm sorry if I made this awkward or something but-"Varian? Are you okay?"

(Y/n) P.O.V:
"Y-yeah" He said nervously." Are you sure? Your face is red." I say putting my hand on his cheek." Y-yeah it's just a little hot in here." He said stretching his shirt collar." Oh well I can open the window for you." I say getting up and opening the window letting in a nice cool breeze of fresh air. I turn around to Varian and ask." That better?" He nodded coming closer to the window. At that moment the 12:30 bell rang so it was time to go to lunch.

"You ready?" I ask turning to face Varian. "Yeah, but do I just go in this?"
He said holding on to his apron. "Well I'm sure it's fine." I said dusting off Varian's apron. "I just don't want to make a bad impression." He said sheepishly. "Varian you don't need to be worried, I know they're going to love you just like I do."

Varian P.O.V
She said that giving me the sweetest smile. Did she mean that? Did she really love me? I could feel me face heating up again.

(Y/N) P.O.V
What I said was the truth and I knew that the King and Queen were going to love Varian! "Come on we don't want to be late!" We got to the dinner table and met up with the King and Queen. We greeted them and then sat down to eat.

Everything went great and I think they really like Varian. After lunch we left the room but as I was walking out I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Queen Ariana calling me over." Yes?" I ask walking to her."So, tell me is this boy really just your best friend?" She asked with a small smirk. My face heated up as I awkwardly answered."What? of course!" I said trying to hide the fact I was nervous."Really? Because it doesn't look like that for me." She smile at me and that's when I knew I couldn't hide it."Well your not wrong but how do you know?" "I'm a mother, I know it when I see it." I smile." I guess that's true"

"And just so you know, if you guys ever become more then friends, he's a good one." She said with a wink. I smile at her gesture then wave goodbye. I walked
to my room to see Varian waiting for me. I sat down next to him and then he immediately said."(Y/n) I'm so sorry about the kiss!" I was a little caught off guard."W-what?" "I didn't mean to do it I just wasn't thinking and it was stupid of me and... I'm sorry." At this point he was looking the other way.

"It's ok, you're not stupid Varian." I turn his head to face me. I smiled at him as he looked at me."I just wanted to do something to show you I care, about you and the kiss kinda just happened." My face heated up as he said that. Did he really care about like that? Or just like a good friend? At this point I didn't know. It was silent for a good 10 seconds until he slowly leaned in closer to me.

Was this really happening? Or was this just a dream? I couldn't believe it!
*BANG!*
"Guys help pascal is missing!"
-
-
-
-
-
-
Heyo! Sorry this took awhile I hope you guys enjoyed! Bye!