[6] Great Exoptation

(Y/N) P.O.V
I woke up early which is not something I do normally. But it was the day of the expo and I had to wake up early. It had be a few weeks since my sleepover with Varian so I was excited to see him again. I got out of my bed and went quietly to the kitchen and grab two biscuits and two apples. I came back to my room and shall (w/n) waking up.(W/N) was the name I gave the small weasel I found. I gave her a biscuit and then went to go change and get ready for the big day.

Once I was done I gave a apple to (h/n) and ate the other apple and biscuit for breakfast. Me and Cassandra were running around everywhere trying to get everything ready for that day. We had to do our chores, clean the castle, clean outside the castle, AND get everything ready for the expo! It was going to be a long day. I had also promised Cass that I would help a lot more when the expo really starts. Because Cassandra wants to help with guard duty for the expo and the only way she can do that if she didn't have to run around cleaning and preparing everything for the expo.

So I promised to be the one running around cleaning and preparing. But I didn't mind I mean it was all for my friend Cassie so it really didn't bother me. Though I would have like to make my own invention for the expo but I'll be just fine watching Varian win the expo. I mean come on He is the BEST! He is sooo smart and talented he could win that contest in a heartbeat! Trust me if anyone is going to be the big time winner it's Varian!

The people started to come for the expo and Cassandra was ready to go. But I told her she had to help me with one thing: putting up the banner. We started to tie it but then a guard came past Cassandra. "Hey (y/n) I need to go if I want to get on guard duty."Cassandra said getting down from the ladder. I finish my side of the banner so I went to Cassandra's side. "Ok have fun!" I say giving her a big smile. She smiles back before running off.

"Who's ready for the expo?" I look behind me it was Varian! I gave a small gasp before and climbed down the ladder. I didn't yet tie the banner on very good but i didn't care I just had to go and say hi to him! "Varian! So good to see you!" I
say giving him a big hug. He rubs the back of his neck shyly. "So (n/n) you want to see my new invention? Rumor has it that it is a show in for the first prize in the contest! I started the rumor." He says with a wink. I giggle at his cute gesture. "Sounds cool! What does it do actually?" I ask very curious about what amazing invention he came up with. "Oh yeah! So my invention can create a totally different element I call it-" At that moment I remember all the work I had to do. I felt bad about just leaving him but I would be able to talk to him later.

"Oh! I'm sooo sorry Varian but I just remembered that I have a lot of work to do. But I'll talk to you soon!" I say running off.

Varian P.O.V
I watched as (y/n) ran off. I mean I understand why. She has a lot to do. I just wish I could spend more time with her. I looked up at the banner for a bit before it started to fall. I quickly get up the ladder to tie it and give myself a small smile.
"(Y/N) looking good!" I look behind me and see Rapunzel who had big goggles on. "You should see some of the inventions on display! Look at these crazy goggles!" She focuses the goggles on me and says. "Oh! Hi Varian!" I sheepishly smile and climb down the ladder. "I haven't seen you since-" "Your last invention almost killed us." Eugene says interrupting Rapunzel.

"So glad your here. With what looks like another invention." Eugene continues. "Please I won't miss a chance to present the greatness of alchemy! And wait in till you see my invention. I think everyone at the expo will be impressed! So um (y/n) is going to be there right? Not like I'm doing this for (y/n)! But s-she's going to be there right?" I continue. Rapunzel looks at Eugene and smiles. "Well actually-" Eugene try's to say  before Rapunzel elbow punches him and says.
"Oh well I mean she's going to be very busy today with you know the expo!"