[4] Varian?! Part 2

You, Varian, and Eugene walk outside and Eugene quickly runs over to Varian and says. " Listen buddy, I need you to tell me everything that the princess told you." " Well you see I-" You quickly cover Varian's mouth so he couldn't respond. " Eugene!" You yell." What!?" He complains. You roll your eyes and continue following Varian to wherever he was taking you guys.

You guys then follow Varian as he is looking for the paper and explaining how it works. You didn't really understand what he was talking about but listen anyway till Eugene interrupted. " That's great and all but getting back to what the princess said." Before you could say anything the ground starts to tremble again. "Why does that keep happening?" You ask. "Well I believe I promise you two a secret." Varian answer opening what looks like a basement door. You all climb down and Varian grabs a lantern.

"Now if my dad knew I was down here he'd kill me. But if he knew what I was actually doing he'd probably be impressed...at least I hope he be impressed. These tunnels run through my entire village, which makes them prefect for my project." Varian continues. "What project?" You ask interested. Varian walks up to a big invention and answer. "This project!" "Woah!" You exclaim." I don't get." Eugene says. "With the miracle of alchemy-not magic I have found a way to heat this entire tank of water with a single drop of my newest yet to be name solution which I'll call Flynnolam!" You giggle as Eugene answer with." I still don't get it."

"I'm going to surprise my village by bringing them hot running water!" As soon as Varian said that the invention started to shake a bit. "I've put around five of these babies all through out caverns." Varian continues. "Wait, wait, wait,
This trembling your invention is causing them?" Eugene asked. "No, no, no my invention is not causing them. The chemical reaction they trigger do." Varian response. "And no one else knows your doing this? Ok listen kiddo I'm no expert in... whatever this is but anything that can causes earthquakes can not be safe." Before Eugene could say anything else you quickly interrupt.

"You're right you're not an expert but Varian is. We promise to keep this a secret Eugene!" Just as you finish a small nail from Varian's invention comes and flys right in the middle of you and Varian. " HeHe..I-it does that all the time." Varian nervously response. You all start to walk out and Varian grabs the printing paper he needs but as you guys walk out the ground starts to tremble again but harder then before. Eugene looks at you then to Varian and says. " Those things down there are dangerous!" Eugene says as he comes closer to you and Varian. "Dangerous? No they're not dangerous." Eugene looks back at you then to the window of we're he can see Rapunzel in Varian's invention and says ."Look Varian I think you're a very good kid a smart kid and you got great ideas. But please for my friends and for your village please shut down your invention."

The ground trembles again and Varian looks at you. You smile then Varian says." Well I guess I could turn them down a bit." "Can I come?" You ask hoping you could help. "No!" Eugene says coming closer to you. " Why?" You say a bit confused. " It's dangerous and I don't want you anywhere near Varian's invention." Eugene explains. "But Eugene what about Rapunzel? She still in that invention." You say pointing to were Rapunzel is. Eugene looks back and says. "Ok but you stay with the kid." He looks at Varian and says. "You take care of her and please keep her safe." He runs to were Rapunzel is and Varian grabs your hand and starts running to the other inventions.

You and Varian get to his invention and he try's to turn it off but nothing works. The Flynnolam then spills and gets everywhere and you both turn to clean it up. You look around to see everything rumbling and shaking you look over to Varian and say. "Varian we have to get out of here. Now!" He looks at you and starts to run and you follow him. Once you guys get outside you hear Cassandra yell your name. " (Y/N)! (Y/N)!" She runs to you and says."Come on we have to go!" You look back to see Varian running to the next invention. "But Varian!" You say. " We have to go!" She yells and grabs your hand. You let go and start running after Varian.

You see Varian and a big piece of iron heading towards him. " VARIAN!!" You yell. You grab him as fast as you could and hug him close to you. As the big piece of iron lands over you two you could hear Cassandra yell."( Y/N)!" You and Varian stand still and the only thing you could hear was the panting of you and Varian. You look up to see him looking at you, both of your faces were bright red. You let go and look at him and say. " You..ok?" You ask still out of breath.

" Yeah. Thanks." He answered.You climb up reach the top and grab Varian up with you. " (y/n)!" Cassandra says helping you both out. She gives you a big hug before looking at you in the eye and saying. "Never do that again! You scared me!" Cassandra finish. Behind you, you could hear Rapunzel and Eugene running over to you and they both give you a big hug. " You scared me I thought you were hurt or-or something happened to you." Eugene says in a worried voice. "We're just so happy you're ok." Rapunzel says in a calm voice. You look to the side of you to see a man who looks familiar. It was Quirin Varian's dad.

He was talking to Varian and He looked sad. Quirin soon walk away to see if anyone was hurt. Varian walks to you and says. " Hey thanks for helping me and saving me." He said with a small smile he then started to slowly walk away. Without thinking you say."Wait!" He looks at you and stops. You run over to him and grab a piece of paper and write something very quick and give it to Varian." I don't want this to be good bye. I hope we can write letters to each other." He smiles and gives you a hug. "It won't be good bye. I promise." Varian says running off to his dad.

"OOoo, Looks like someone has a crush on the little genius!" Cassandra says with a smirk. You blush as Rapunzel comes over and says. " Awww! How cute!" " He better not get any ideas." Eugene says. " Eugene!" Rapunzel yells. You all then head for home and finally tell Eugene everything that happened with Rapunzel's hair.

Time skip!

You flopped on you bed and were just about to fall asleep when you hear a knock on the door. You slowly get back up and open the door to see a guard with a letter. " For you Lady (y/n)." He gives you the letter and you close the door.
It was from Varian! You happily open the letter and start to read.

Dear (y/n),
Wow! I can't believe the day we just had! And Woah! You are a lady in waiting in training! I didn't even know that was a thing! You're so lucky! I hope we can see each other again and next time there'll be no crazy invention.
From, Varian~

You hold the letter close to you before putting in on your dresser. You flop on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Now this was a great day!