🖤Chapter One🖤

I woke up in a field filled with beautiful flowers. The sun was out, shining it's bright light against my pale skin that was darkened by soot. The sun is brighter, calmer, more forgiving than me. I am dark, impatient, less forgiving. I'm surprised that anyone would want to fall in love with me. But... there he is. Across the field. The boy of my dreams with tan skin, caramel colored hair and dark green eyes like mine. He smiles at me with his perfect teeth and opens his arms. I run to him, and run, and run. But I never catch up to him. I'm so close... until-

"Shadow!! Breakfast!" I awaken in familiar surroundings. Black bed, black sheets, black chandelier and a shattered black window. Black, black, black. I sigh as I realize I was dreaming again. That open field with the sun shining is not my home. The dark graveyard with the illuminated moon is my home. Halloween Town, or a version of it, on the Isle of the Lost. I look out the window. From what I am told by my Uncle Barrel, Halloween Town on Auradon looked the same. Oh how I wish I could see it...

"Shadow!" My mother, Shock, calls out again.
"Coming!!" I call, running upstairs in my red rose colored, satin pajamas. I peak my head out to the drab kitchen and see my parents at the table. My mother was wearing her purple witch attire and my father, Lock, was wearing a white buttoned up, brown pants and suspenders. And of course, he had his red horns and tail which I inherited from him.
"Good morning!" I call cheerfully as mother passes me the usual grey glop, AKA my breakfast. I secretly frown at it. Why can't we ever have anything else?

After breakfast, me and dad sit in relative silence as mom cleans up.
"Hey Dad?"
"Yes, my sweet?"
"Can you tell me how you and mom meet again?" I always ask him after I have one of my 'prince dreams'. And I don't think he ever gets tired of it.
"Well.." He begins, and I sit in silence listening to talk and he always ends it the same.
"And then," he ends the tale, "we had you. And you brighten my darkened heart just a little more." He smiles at me as I smile back, our tails swooshing in the chairs practically in sync.
"I almost forgot about this. An letter for you, Shadow." Mom explains, as Dad's head perks up, before picking up the letter. His black eyes grow serious for a second before smiling at me.
"Here." He says, handing me the letter with his tale. I look at it curiously. My name is on the front in cursive: 'For Miss Shadow Lock'. I snort quietly. Miss is so formal!
I open the letter, read it, read it again and reread it again.
"His Royal Majesty, King Ben of Auradon, and his councilor Ms. Evie of the Isle herby request the pleasure of your company, Shadow Lock, for the current academic year at Auradon Prep. Please notify his Majesty's couriers of your response to this Request.
I hope you can come, Shadow! It'd be great to see you again!
-Evie

I blink in shock and look back at my parents, where mom is now leaning on dad's chair, with one arm over his shoulder.
"You don't have to worry about the couriers, I already tell them you would go. You leave by tomorrow-" I interrupt my mother with a squeal and hug her tight. She doesn't laugh- mother never laughs, but she does smirk down at me and hugs me back.

I can't believe it!! I get to go to Auradon! Maybe I'll find my prince there?

Author's Notes

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed that first chapter. Next chapter will be coming out some time next week.
Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️

 Bye!BatgirlGeek❤️