🖤Chapter Thriteen🖤

Hi! I've been having a bad week so far, so here's some angst to express my feelings.
Enjoy!

"Shadow?" I wake up to the sound of light knocking and find myself clutching to one of my pillows. I turned over to see Peggy standing the doorway wearing black skinny jeans, long, cone shaped earrings, black spiked boots and a red sweater that made her bright red hair stand out.
"What time is it?" I ask. She blinks in surprise.
"Oh... it's uh... it's 1 in the afternoon." She explains, slowly entering our shared dorm.
"Ok." I say quietly. There was a pause.
"Do you want anything?" I shake my head. I then look up at her.
"Have I been asleep since yesterday?" She nods, coming a bit closer to my bed.
"Yes. When I came in at 7 you were asleep. I just came to see if you were awake-I've been in classes all day. I...I wanted to tell you what happened after you left. Ethan and I went to Ben and explained the situation. He's taken you out of your classes for the moment and is going to talk to Audrey soon. He asked Ethan and I our opinion on the matter. It's all being taken care of." She reassures me, sitting on the bed. I let out a hum as I stand to take in my surroundings-I'm still wearing the dress I wore yesterday, my shoes are chucked on the floor-one pair on each side of the room-all in all, the room is still the same as it has been since I moved in. I quickly checked my hair and looked at myself in the mirror.

"I think you took the bow out soon before you fell asleep." Peggy explains as I can feel the bow is missing and my hair is now going straight down to my waist.
"Mm... ok." I say quietly, looking into the mirror. Peggy lets out an awkward cough.
"So um... you might want to get cleaned up. Also, uh... when you're ready, Ethan wants to talk to you." I nod, silently.
"Well... I'm going to get something from the cafeteria and study. Do you want anything?" I shake my head silently. She stands up to leave.
"Hey, Peggy?" She stops right at the door and turns to me with an inquisitive look. I smile at her through the mirror, "thanks!" She smiles back at me.
"No problem, Shadow!" The door clicks and I sigh, lying back on my bed with only one thought:

I want to go home.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

After I took a shower and change into a red sweater and purple jeans, I decided to do some homework-I wasn't going to classes anytime soon, but I might as well do it since... since I might not be here anymore-

What am I saying?! I shake my head at the thought and another thought came into my head:

I don't belong here.

I gasp and drop my binder, paper and pencil. Looking up at the clock, it's currently 3 pm...

Maybe it's not too late to go talk with Ethan?

TIME SKIP...

I didn't find Ethan at his dorm... I did however find a note;
If looking for Ethan Rapunzel, he's in the courtyard.

If you are looking for me (Gradie, son of Jock) and your name is Chad-I have fled the country.

I blink at the note in confusion.
Either this Gradie has a lot of enemies... or he pulled a wicked prank on Chad-I'm willing to bet the latter!

But, regardless of Ethan's roommate's melo-drama, at least I know where he is. Oh well, at least I'll get some exercise in with all this walking!

AT THE COURTYARD...

It didn't take me long to find Ethan, he was sitting in the shade of a tree reading a book.

As I come closer, he looks up and the smile on his face brightens.
"Shadow!" I smile back at him.
"Hi!" His face then contorts into a concerned look.
"Are you... okay?" I shrug.
"I'm as good as I can be." I explain, sitting down next to him.
"What'cha reading?" I ask, placing my head on his shoulder.
"A book about fairies." I hum.
"Hey, Shadow?"
"Yeah?" I ask, staring at the people and the grass in front of us.
"Are you sure you're ok?"
No.
"Yes. I'm fine." He smiles down at me and squeezes my hand, as he continues to read and I slowly doze off.
I'm sorry I lied...