🖤Chapter Two🖤

Today was the day... I was finally going to Auradon Prep. I had goosebumps just thinking about it!

I sat on the rickety old step of our house, daydreaming about what it would be like. What friends would I make? Would anyone like me? Will I actually be able to fall in love?

"Hi Shadow! Are you excited?" I beam up at my Uncle Barrel with his yellow toothed grin.
"Very excited, Uncle Barrel!" I reply and dad comes out and they start discussing something. I tried not to pry, but I heard something about the Boogie Man. I shiver just thinking about his name. Despite the fact that he is retired, and I myself am the daughter of villains, he still terrifies me, along with everyone else. Including his daughter, Carrel Boogie.

"I believe the car is here." Mom mutters from the balcony and I look up at her and smile. She looks down at me and smirks beneath her witch's hat.
"Good luck, Shadow!" She calls as dad kisses my forehead, wrapping his tail around me for a second, in substitute for a hug. I then skip along the path, excited to start.
"So... you're really moving?" I blink and look up to see Carrel with her tan, orange hair and pale eyes looking down at me, casually leaning up against a statue of an angel in the graveyard.
"Yes I am." I state confidently. She rolls her eyes and checks her nails.
"Well, at least I'll be rid of you. You'll be out of my," She chuckles, "tail." She laughs evilly and I just stare at her blankly. She coughs and I start to walk down the path again.
"Wait, Shadow!" I turn back around to face her.
"Yes, Carrel?" I question.
"Don't... don't forget about us." She says, looking away from me ashamed. I nod.
"Don't worry, I won't."

A few hours later...

I was here. Finally here! I couldn't believe it. I was at Auradon Prep!!! I can not contain my excitement! As I stared in awe, I hardly noticed the driver opening the back door of the limo.
"Oh. I'm sorry." I say, shyly taking the man's hand to let me out of the car.

As I was handed my luggage, a red leather suitcase, I couldn't help but feel I was being stared at. It made sense, I do after all, do not look normal with my grey skin and splotches of black and dark red horns and tail. But before I could see who was staring...
"Shadow!" I jump at the enthusiastic voice and see Evie standing in front of me with a smile on her face.
"Evie!!" I say as enthusiastic back.
"I'm so glad you've made it, Shadow. King Ben was going to come, but he's busy, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me!" I laugh nervously and she leads me to my assigned room and hands me my class schedule.
"So, how are you, Shadow? I can imagine your parents weren't too pleased to hear you were moving away." Evie says sympathetically. I get a little chuckle out of that- most VKs are well aware of how protective my parents are of me.
"Oh, they were actually really excited about it!" I explain with a smile and Evie smiles back.

We end up in a hallway and she stops at a door.
"And this is your room!" Evie says, opening the door, where I see a girl with tan skin and red hair wearing a mesh top, black jeans and black studded boots.
"Oh! Sorry, Peggy. Didn't realize you were here!" Evie apologizes and the red headed girl, Peggy looks up and then glances at me.
"It's fine Evie. Is this my new roommate?"
"Yes. This is Shadow. Shadow, this is Peggy!" Peggy stands up to shake my hand and formally introduces herself.
"My name's Peggy. Peggy Skellington." I freeze, my eyes growing wide as our hand shake ends.
"Ske-Skellington?" I stutter.
"Yes?" Peggy replies and looks at Evie in confusion.
"As in, Jack-Jack Skellington?" I stutter again weakly.
"Yeah. Why? Is it important?" Peggy questions and I stand there, to shocked to say anything.
Great! My roommate just happens to be the daughter of my parents' worst enemy!

Author's Notes

Again, a really short chapter- it's probably gonna happen a lot honestly, I can't exactly write great detail in under a week😬

Maybe I should give myself more time? Idk, Zaddison2 what do you think? You are, after all, my collaber for this book XD

Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️

Bye!BatgirlGeek❤️