🖤Chapter Eight🖤

Ethan replied with a yes to my text and I smiled.
"So are you and Ethan going tonight?" Evie asks, getting Napoleon ice cream out of the cafeteria fridge and placing it on the table.
"I don't know-he didn't say!" I reply happy that it's a surprise date .

"Oh, I hope you have fun!" Mal adds smiling. I hope so too Mal!

I look over at Evie who is smiling at her phone.
"Hm...Doug?" I ask her. Evie turns to me.

"Uh no-it's Ethan, actually." She responded.
Why would Evie be smiling at Ethan??
"Oh-what did he say?" I ask curiously. Evie puts down her phone and looks up at me.

"He just said that he was just really excited to hang out with you!" Evie says smiling at me again. I look at Mal with a smile. "Well I'm excited too. Tell him that!" I instruct happily.

A few minutes later

Evie, Mal and I finish our ice cream and walk back to Evie Four Hearts. Ethan was going to pick me up any minute now, so I decided to fix myself up a little while waiting for Ethan.

We hear a knock on the door and I run towards it as quick as possible to open the door.
When I open it, Ethan is standing in the doorway with flowers.
"I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked so...I got you all I could." Ethan says embarrassed handing me the flowers. I giggle, taking the flowers and placing them on Evie's table closing the door.

"You look gorgeous!" Ethan tells me with a smile. My face blushes red as Ethan chuckles a little.
"It's true, Shadow. You do!" He tells me, making me blush even more.
"Thank you. You're not bad looking either!" I quietly say. Ethan's smile brightens.

"Ok. I got us to go see a movie, wanna go?" Ethan asks me. I nod my head as we continue to walk to our destination.
Was this our surprise date? The movies? Because if it is... then it's perfect!

We enter the movies and Ethan pays for me and some drinks and popcorn. After he pays we go to find a seat.

A hour later

The movie was still going on a hour later and as bad as I wanted to make this night better I just couldn't! Ethan's hand was right there why couldn't I just grab it? Come on, Shadow. You can do it!
I move my hand slowly towards Ethan's, hesitating a little, but if I didn't do this than tonight will just be a regular hang out. My hand was *almost* a inch closer to Ethan's but than Audrey and Chad showed up making me move my hand quickly away from Ethan's.
"Oh heyyy Ethan!" Audrey greets making eye contact at me.

"Hey Audrey. What are you doing here?" Ethan asks Audrey.
"We came to watch the movies, looks like you did too." Audrey replies, crossing her arms. Okayyy... this was awkward. Like really awkward!
Why did you have to ruin the moment Audrey?!
"Yeah I did." Ethan replies to her.
I sit back embarrassed keeping my eyes on the screen of the movie.
"Hm... cool! May Chad and I join you two?" Audrey asks sitting on the seat next to Ethan, putting her hand next to Ethan's as Chad sits by Audrey.

"We were actually leaving. Shadow and I already saw this movie and she needs to be back at Evie's." Ethan says grabbing my hand and getting out of his seat.
At least we're holding hands!

"Hm...too bad! I wanted us to have a double date. Guess we can't because Ethan is to embarrassed to be seen with a villain!" Audrey hisses. A villain? Ouch... that hurts!

"I-I'm not embarrassed of S-"
Ethan stopped and looked at me. Then Audrey laughed.
"You are embarrassed of Shadow! Hm... I wonder what Rapunzel and Eugene will say if I told them their son was on a date with a VK?" Audrey giggled.
Rapunzel and Eugene... are Ethan's parents?! He never mentioned that.

Ethan gribs my hand tightly and I secretly smile at that.
"They wouldn't care," he argues, "my father was a thief and my mom still loved him. I could love whoever I want Audrey!" Ethan snaps at her.
He... he loves me??

Audrey rolled her eyes and lifted our hands up.
"This is unacceptable! First Mal and her friends and now Shadow-what is wrong with you people?!" Audrey shouts out to the whole theatre. She gets shhhed and I can't help but slightly laugh at that.
Ethan slowly lets my hand go.
"Let's go Shadow. You have to get back." Ethan says sadly, walking towards the exist.

I start to follow him but then I feel Audrey's hand pull me close to her.
"Let me explain something to you, Shadow: Ethan doesn't like you VKs okay?? So don't try getting with him because you're just going to embarrass yourself, understand?" Audrey tells me.
I pull my hand away from her and look up at her and give a sweet smile that I reserved for my parents when I got in trouble.
"Audrey...God bless you! Have a great day!" I say smirking and walking out to find Ethan.

He was standing by the door, talking on the phone.
"Thanks Mom. I will!" He says into the phone.
I slowly walk towards him and wave shyly.
Ethan smiles at me, "Ok bye mom! I'll be there before dinner, don't worry." Ethan says into the phone hanging up.
"You ready to go?" Ethan asks me putting his phone in his pocket. I nod and we walk out of the theater.

"Why didn't you tell me your parents were Rapunzel and Flynn Rider???" I ask excitedly.
Ethan chuckles at my excitement which only makes me smile.
"You a fan of them or something?" He asks, laughing at my excitement.
Of course I was- I loved Rapunzel and her story line!
"I love your parents!" I say jumping up and down.
Ethan smiles.
"Well they're going to love you." he says connecting his hand with mine.

"Love me?" I ask looking up at him nervously.
"Yes Shadow. I told my mom about what happened tonight and she said it was okay I could date a villain," there was a pause as he looked down at the ground before looking back up at me, "so... I want you to be my girlfriend." Ethan says with a smile.
I freeze up on the spot.

He wants ME to be HIS girlfriend???
...this has to be a dream!

"You're joking!" I ask shocked. Than shakes his head and grips my hand tighter. The biggest smile comes across my face.

Ok...so...Ethan does want me to be his girlfriend? This could work. Perhaps I've found the guy of my dreams! The thought just makes me smile even more.

Okie hay! I got carried away lol... But heres a chapter enjoy

Note from Bat here: the last line was mine, it's been changed. I know it's not important, but I found the original hilarious and corny so I fixed it (sorry Zaddison2 )

FIVE more chapters to go til the end! Get ready people and I hope you like it!❤️