🖤Chapter Six🖤

You got this Shadow. Just ask him out! How hard can that be?? Today, Ethan and I are going to be hanging out all day so I asked Evie to do my makeup and my hair. Ethan said it wasn't a date just a little hangout but I want to think that it's a dat...I want to be his date.
"Okay Shadow, what you think?" Evie asked. I got up from her chair to walk to the mirror and looked in it to see a whole new girl staring back at me. She had light Brown eyeshadow with peachy lips. She didn't look like Shadow...
"Evie, I can't even recognize myself!" I tell her turning to her.

She smiles and gets up from the floor to walk towards me.
"That's ok! You look beautiful Shadow. Ethan is going to faint when he sees how beautiful you look." Evie tell me with a big smile on her face.

I sigh and nod. There's a knock on the door minutes later. Evie squeals as I blush slightly walking towards the door. I open it to see Ethan standing there with flowers, He looked quite handsome.
"Wow, Shadow! You look-" He stopped looking down, blushing.
"Beautiful? I know!" I say happily making him look up at me smiling.

"Um...these are for you" Ethan says handing me the flowers. I smile and grab the flowers.
"Thank you! They're beautiful!", Ethan smiles more brightly while Evie shouts, "HAVE FUN YOU TWO!"
Me and Ethan just laugh rushing out the door leaving Evie there squealing and full of excitement.

Ethan and I walk through Auradon laughing smiling and just talking until we eat the enchanted lake. We were having a little picnic at the enchanted lake. Aww! Romantic right?
"Hope you like cupcakes." Ethan says sitting down. I giggle and sit down next to him, "I never actually tried one but I believe they're good!"

Ethan hands me a cupcake with vanilla on the bottom and blue frosting, I slowly take off the paper to take a bite.'Once my teeth hit the cupcake... I felt amazing! This cupcake was amazing- it was really good!
"You like it?" Ethan asked.
"I love it!" I reply giggling.

5 minutes later...

After eating cupcakes and talking Ethan offers to get in the water, I shake my head while he just smiles and gets in, I really wanted to ask out Ethan but I didn't know how..

"Come on! Get in, Shadow!" Ethan says splashing me on purpose. I cover my face and giggle, "No I'm good." I reply. He makes a frown then it turns into a smile, he gets out of the water with water dripping down his face and arms, picks me up and takes me to the water.
"Ethan I'm all wet now!" I tell him
"Hm...too bad!" he says smiling

I blush slightly but I try to hide my blush by putting my hand over my face.
"Oh, Shadow" Ethan laughs.
Ask him out on a real date, Shadow! Come on!! Do it! I take a deep breath then look back up at Ethan, "Ethan? Can I ask...you something"  I ask shyly, He nods with a warm smile making my heart beat, "Um I wanted to ask...if you wou-" I get interrupted by a phone ringing.
"Hold on, Shadow." Ethan says going to his phone and answering it.
I just wait there nervously trying not to listen to his conversation with somebody I probably don't know but I was just right there...Ethan comes back to me with a frown on his face "We have to cut this hang out short, is that okay?" Ethan asks.
I didn't know what to say so I just nodded, I almost asked him out but got interrupted by his phone good thing I didn't because he probably doesn't feel the same he probably just thinks we're friends but...

We both get out of the water and he hands me a towel to dry me up while he's getting the food. I watch him, once he's done gathering the food we head back to Evie's 4 Hearts. None of us spoke a word then all time there until we got to Evie who was looking out her window.
"Um...I'll see you later." Ethan says. I smile because we're going to have later, right?
"Yeah definitely." I reply.
Ethan smiles and starts to walk off but I stop him by calling his name.
"Ethan? I want to...ask you if.." I hesitated he glares at me.
"Will you wanna...may-" I begin, but I  get interrupted by Evie coming out of the door.
"Hello Ethan!" Evie says with a bubbly smile.
"Hey Evie. I should probably get going." Ethan tells the both of us. I make a worried face while he walks off, Evie turns to me.

"How was the date?" she asked jumping up and down. I start walking towards her door than I reply, "It wasn't a date." I open the door slowly, upset that I didn't get to ask him out.

Author's Note

Hey there people! This part was edited by me but all the writing goes to Zaddison2 she's a good friend, so go check her out and give her a follow!

BatgirlGeek❤️