🖤Chapter Fourteen🖤

This is the final chapter, but also an epilogue (because Princess of the Pridelands and Lost Girl had epilogues but My Little Monster didn't even have a prologue, but- lets just roll with it lol)

I returned home and continued to wonder... did I make the right decision? I just let the man of my literal dreams slip away. He... said he loved me. Ethan truly loved me.

But two very different people like us?

We are not meant to be.

ONE YEAR LATER...

There was a VK day the next year, and there was all this commotion as well about something happening at Auradon...

Then suddenly one day, I could hear excited shouts from the shop area of the Isle. I hopped down from the cobblestone fence that protected our Halloween Town and the graveyard.
"What's happening?!" I asked one of the VKs that was running past. He looked at me with the most happiest expression on his face.
"Didn't you hear?! Queen Mal dropped the barrier. We get to all go to Auradon!" My eyes widened and I immediately ran back to my house.
"Mom!" I shouted as I opened the swinging porch door.
"Not mom. Just lil' old me." Dad answered, arms crossed as his tail swished back in forth.
"Dad! The barrier-"
"Yes, I know. Every villain who is anyone knows. Go! Your mother agreed to it." Dad explains, interrupting me and I immediately hugged him before running out and towards Auradon with the others.

The bridge was now visible. We could come and go as we please. Oh how wonderful! But not as wonderful as what I saw in front of me. Standing there was Ethan.

"I-"
"Don't. Please just give me a hug so I know I'm not dreaming!" He says, with that big grin that he always has.
"So... you forgive me?"
"For leaving? Yes. No one is going to hurt you or scorn you in any way. The VKs are now accepted and we can live our lives how we choose. And the barrier is open forever, which means..."
"I can visit my parents anytime I want!" I exclaim with a beaming smile as Ethan chuckles with nod.
"Yep."
"Ethan, can I tell you something?" I ask after a minute. He nods, hands loosely around my waist.
"I love you." He smiles a knowing and warm smile.
"I love you too." And without a second to spare, we share a true love's kiss.

Author's Notes

The book was supposed to end with Shadow staying with her parents and never returning...

But then I watched Descendants 3 and decided to change it to Shadow and Ethan being reunited after the barrier opened :)

Before Descendants 3, I wanted to rush these books out...

I'm so glad I didn't and waited til after D3!!

So yeah, my Descendants books, like Descendants franchise are... over.

Hope everyone enjoyed🖤🖤🖤

BatgirlGeek❤️

P.S. When I wrote this... my descendants books were going to end here. Then I got an idea... scroll down for a surprise🧡💚🖤

 scroll down for a surprise🧡💚🖤