03

Chapter Three | Homecoming Committee

"Four. This the fourth time you've been in my office in the past two months Lockhart!" Principal Saunders spat at me holding up four wrinkled dark fingers. They reminded me of grilled hot dogs and I tried my best not to laugh aloud at the thought.

I ignored him as I folded my arms across my chest, before leaning back against the chair that was placed right in front of Principal Saunders mahogany desk that I've grown oh so familiar with in the past four years. I honestly wasn't trying to hear anything he saying. I was beyond pissed he called me in his office this early in the Goddamn morning because of something that happened over the weekend. He just needs to give me my ten days of out of school suspension so I can leave.

"Why did you do it Aries?" He asked simmering down. I looked at the darkskin man in front of me, his forehead wrinkled as he stared daggers at me, awaiting an answer, but all I could do was shrug my shoulders.

"Because I hate bullies." I finally answered, recalling to how over the weekend I ended up beating Tyshawn Rodgers to a pulp in the parking lot behind the school. Rodgers had it coming though, he's been picking on and messing with a certain group of freshman for way too long. Those boys haven't done anything to him and all he does is push them around like rag dolls.

It's pathetic really. Which is why I don't feel bad for stomping him out either. I'd do it again too, and I probably would've if the cops wouldn't have came and caused a scene.

"So you fought him because he was bullying?" Saunders had this complex look on his face like the concept was hard to understand. Sometimes I really question how this man even became principal. He always let other people get away with things right before his eyes, but I throw one text book down the hall and I'm the most wicked person in the world? It's ridiculous.

My brows furrowed together. "Yeah, and if you were doing your job as a principal, I wouldn't have to do my job in kicking his ass."