13

Chapter Thirteen | Love Letters

It's funny how you can try to erase someone out your life so desperately, only for them to find a way to sneak themselves back in. After I found out Elon had been talking to not one, but multiple people behind my back, I ruined his car. I ruined the hell out of it because I was just so hurt and felt so betrayed, because I never felt he would do something like that to me. Boy, was I wrong.

After letting all my anger out on one his most prized possessions, I blocked him on everything. I blocked his number, his Instagram, his twitter, and even his Gmail. However, I couldn't block out the feelings I still have left for him. When I found this handwritten letter from him in the mail this morning it's like my whole world stopped. A part of me wanted to rip the shit to shreds and burn it with a match, and the other part of me wanted to just leave it there to rot, forget its existence entirely.

However, I ended up reading the letter. I read the letter so many times, the paper has started to tear along the folds and I cried enough that tears distort some of the ink, but even if the letter became unreadable, I'd basically memorized the whole thing. Now here I was in the schools restroom stall rereading it again, my mind puzzled and my heart unable to comprehend the situation.

Dear Aries

Who knew Elon Tucker could write in cursive?

I know you'll hate me for this, but please don't write back. There's no privacy here and if I got a letter from you, I'd have to answer so many questions. How am I supposed to explain you to these assholes when I can barely explain you to myself?

I do hate it, and God I'm furious. I didn't want to be someone's dirty little secret. I fought hard to be proud of who I am, to shed the shame. I'm not going to let Elon shove me back into a closet.

But.

I also understands.

Elon hasn't had that fight for himself yet. He hasn't had a lot of fights yet. He's been too busy taking his fear and anger out on others - me especially. And I hate him for it, I hate that Elon took his own torment out on people who had nothing to do with it. I hate him, but. I get it, too.